Just Ride.

Should this ride thread be just a.... well, thread? Or should there be a dedicated Forum topic?

• Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Nah... threads good enough.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Water is 2"-3" deep now, during thaws and after heavy rains the water flows over the bridge up to 6"-12". It seems there are 6 sections of railroad track spanning the creek set into the poured abutments. I do not know if the span was set there or poured in place. Big ancient snapping turtles live under the bridge. An 18" long female wonders up the drive 150' and lays her eggs in holes she digs at the edge of the gravel driveway every June mid-month. The hatchling often get lost making thier way back to the water.
Had a small (12") snapper back by the shop last week heading back to the Cypress bay behind the house. Lots of frogs and minnows for him to dine on there.

First time up my favorite road this year and the first time it's hit 70. A few patches of snow at the top.
IMG_20240502_112710925.jpg
IMG_20240502_112751777_HDR.jpg

Got all three bikes out of the garage so I thought I’d take a couple of pics. First time out for the Moto Guzzi this year. Great bike to ride and light years ahead in overall performance over the other two, yet way behind when compared to new, higher tech designs. It still has that vintage look and feel that I enjoy. Once the Honda is gone I think the XS and MG are a good pair to keep.

CA8DBA2E-6B80-48AE-B17E-8FD22C4BA16C.jpeg

Back