Side Tracker build

Thanks waiting on a 10mm x1.25 tap so I can chase the threads on the exhaust mounts and studs so I can get your pipes and sub frame mounted. I ordered it 2 weeks ago! the little things hold you up the longest.

Got the tap and got the subframe and pipes mounted! Scott is the man!

Attachments

• Street tacker build 047.jpg
    Street tacker build 047.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 384
  • Street tacker build 046.jpg
    Street tacker build 046.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Street tacker build 048.jpg
    Street tacker build 048.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Street tacker build 049.jpg
    Street tacker build 049.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 389
Cool :D I'm glad you like the subframe, that front lower mount took me a while to make. Mounting a sidecar without a subfrome is not only harder to line up but not as secure by any means! Please feel free to post some pictures of this bad ride in my "sidecar 101" thread :thumbsup:

I know that thing was a pain once again THANKS! It fit like a glove btw My only issue was the pipe to subframe clearance. I will have to bust out my precision insturments and put a "clearance ding" in it to clear the mounting bolts

Got her fired up today! had to make a temp gas tank and had wires hanging out every where but I was tired of waiting on my painter. Scott the pipes sound real good!

Little update

Mod'd some leftover pegs from my drz400sm. I had to weld a stop to the bottom and grind down the inside to get the springs working not needed on a side car rig but hey why not make it right.

69F2452F-orig.jpg

Got the turn signal brackets on from motolana

34730A12-orig.jpg

Drilled some speedholes in my headlight visor and powder coated it black

7A710431-orig.jpg

And here's some mock up pictures of the lower mounts for those who have been asking for them. I have it set for 9" of wheel lead.

470D1671-orig.jpg

Couple more of the lower mounts
[/IMG]
E2012DD3-orig.jpg

I just love all the black and gold
4100D666-orig.jpg

Attachments

• F209A3B7-orig.jpg
    F209A3B7-orig.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1
Man that is "Sparkly". You know a matching gold riding suit and helmet would be perfect:thumbsup:

407.JPG

Have you gotten much seat time wth it yet? Curious to know how it handles. I sold my GS and the sidecar is setting in the garage waiting till I find an XS to bolt it to.

Hope you dont mind if I copy your subframe, I was going to design one but yours looks perfect. I want to upgrade the cars suspension as well. Bigger axle , more travel, better shock and maybe some kind of front bumper that I can bolt a couple driving lights to.

I have had 0 seat time so far :doh: This went from a "winter build" to a year long tinker fest. After fitting the stock velorex fender it was clear it had to go. After copying Gordon scotts wheel swap. The fender just didn't look right. I also got a new heavy duty shock. I'll get some more pic's up soon.

Updates:

Wifey wanted a step to get in the sidecar

2A553394.jpg

BABFE0C1.jpg

The stock velorex fender looked like it did not belong so after some head scratching I came up with this.

25D6062F.jpg

The stock shock was blown so I ordered a progressive shock and then had our good buddy Gordonscott extend the swing arm for more leverage and he even fixed my half assed attemp to drill a straight hole :thumbsup: I also decked the top of the frame with aluminum diamond plate and powder coated it satin black. The step piece is not installed in this picture.
93389827.jpg

Also had to have the carb spacers on my pwk kit milled down. Somehow something moved they fit with a couple mil's of clearance before now after 20 mil's of flake and clear they hit :doh:
559F76F7.jpg

36FB717B.jpg

Back