Paint ideas

motorbreath

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody else have a hard time trying to think of a paint job 4 their bike? I have a ton of diff ideas but i cant seem to pick one!

I'm in the same boat. I just keep looking for ideas online and hopefully it'll spark something for my bike.

in the same boat as you, i'm really considering powder coating my tank and side covers, got a place around here that will do a base and clear for under 100 bux if i do the prep. so that narrows the colors down to the RAL color scheme. I'm think signal blue might be a good look

This is one of my ideas, the tank n fender would b white then the cross black/ or cross red with a black tank n fender/ i was thinking tank n fender black and then cut the cross out of a thin sheet of aluminum or steel and have it chromed then screw it on or use adhesive. my paint skills are not that good, im working on a drawing but what do u guys think? ill post the drawing when im done:D Untitled.png

My .02. you can never go wrong with "Arrest Me" Red! LOL...

I can't make up my mind, but I think I will mess around with some spray bombs until I find something I like. First I'm going to try flat black - Low Maintenance!

i know this is strange but i like the metal look..thinking about painting some design then clear coating

Just went through this, and it can do your head in, I wasted lots of time looking at many sites such as this site and others (Do The Ton, Benjies Cafe Racers for example), also the (honda) SOHC forum has an "inspiration gallery" where bikes of all types get posted, lots of ideas there.

Anyway decided to go for chrome paint for tank and tailpeice, with the traditional one thick/two thin centre GT stripes in black, I've attached a link to the product below FYI. Last week I saw a mock up on a blank surface prior to painting my stuff, I'm impressed, not a full chrome, but still brighter and more reflective (93% I'm told) than silver paint, more a polished stainless look. The process is a bit more labour intensive and the product is exe, but not much is needed for a bike tank and tailpeice, should be back to me next week, pics will follow.

http://www.gpi.com.au/alsa/products/cpaints-mchrome.html

The Norton attached was my inspiration

Attachments

• Norton_050_large.jpg
    Norton_050_large.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 235
i know this is strange but i like the metal look..thinking about painting some design then clear coating

I've heard that doing so is hard on the clear, that it turns yellow quickly. That's just what I've heard though, no firsthand confirmation.

My paint scheme ideas for my latest project change by the day. Currently I'm stuck on a black and white motif.

My bobber was black and white that was ok but i am going with burgandy powder coated wire spoke wheels, and painting the frame, tank, head light, electric can and back fender in Lexus starfire pearl. Don think i ve seen one out there of that color combo.

i was thinking of doing a theme, i like heavy metal and old school metal, so i was going to probably go with a danzig theme

I've heard that doing so is hard on the clear, that it turns yellow quickly. That's just what I've heard though, no firsthand confirmation.

My paint scheme ideas for my latest project change by the day. Currently I'm stuck on a black and white motif.

cheap clear yellows fast. Buy a quality clear from PPG, Dupont, HOK etc, and you won't have to worry about yellowing.

Try pointing one arm straight out, close your eyes, spin around at least three times. Open your eyes, what ever your pointing at is the color to paint your bike. :thumbsup::D:laugh:

Back