650 Central

mercury_morse

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd check in and see how Travis is doing. Apparently, just fine!
I am here to support the 650 Community. Although the pressures of running a one-man shop will prevent me spending a lot of time here, I expect to be able to check in. I'm keyboard-challenged, but always interested in talking 650s!

Haha... Thanks for checking up on me!

If you guys don't know who Michael "Mercury" Morse is, you need to do some reading on http://www.650central.com/

He's helped me out a few times over the past few years with parts and technical advice and provides outstanding service!

WOW!! :bow: I followed the link Travis posted and WOW!! I copied this from 650 central...... " Who is Michael "Mercury" Morse?

Dedicated to the maximum enjoyment of the landmark Japanese twin, the Yamaha XS650.

To share the benefit of my knowledge gained over a 18 year period at the largest Yamaha shop west of the Mississippi, as a factory race mechanic for Rickman, Triumph & Norton, and having raced these bikes over a period extending back to the early '70s.

To offer old-time customer service with honesty and integrity.

Good communication is the best insurance you will get only the parts you need to do the job.

My No-Nonsense approach gives you perspective as to the complete picture of a proposed course of action, so that you can make valid choices for your particular way of enjoying the 650.

Stock, restored, chopped, bobbed, racer, cafe'd or Tracker, XS650s spoken here! " :bow2:

Michael "Mercury" Morse?

Didnt know that. But I do know he is a great guy. Ive talked to mike a few times and he doesnt try to sell you the most expensive product but the product that will work best for your application. Its guys like him that keep these old bikes movin.

Thanks

Merc is THE man as far as these machine's go. He is alway's ready to give you info over the phone, & he know's what he's talking about. I was in dier need of a rotor for my '80. He didn't have one because nobody was sending back the core's. He did give me some info on where to find one, & it came to be.His part's are top notch, and his personallity make's it all worth the trip. Yea, we could use someone like him on the eastcoast, but it's hard to compete with the sunshine he's got all year.

Mike helped me out over the phone on a whacked out XS cafe I was having problems with. Great guy...solved my prob in 5 min. Thanks man!

209 area code? That is near me. What city are you in? Any chance of getting the shopping cart up and running on your website soon? I would love to be ordering parts from you, but I have whacked hours most of the time and forget to call during business hours.

I don't think he'll ever get the shopping cart working... Not saying that in a bad way, it's just that he's more of a people person and wants to make sure you only buy what you need. Just make it a point someday to give him a call and you won't be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Having ordered parts from 650 Central, I waited patiently. Apparently they were lost in shipping. In discussion with Michael, he threw temper tantrum, cursed me and then hung up. Several weeks later my products arrived. Thanks Michael, and boards... Cartervs

Having ordered parts from 650 Central, I waited patiently. Apparently they were lost in shipping. In discussion with Michael, he threw temper tantrum, cursed me and then hung up. Several weeks later my products arrived. Thanks Michael, and boards... Cartervs

A respected XSer and seller versus anonymous first time poster? Totally credible first post.

(That's called sarcasm, btw.)

Even without knowing the details.. I don't buy it either. Not exactly like that anyway.. Not trying to be a jerk Cartervs... just sayin'

I make sure all my customers buy goods from you if not going through me :thumbsup:

You are a major help BTW when it comes to getting carbs set up and working just right for those not wanting to spend the time tuning and messing with it.... THANKS!

Ive only ordered from 650 Central one time and it damn sure wont be my last! Up until that point Ive always ordered through Mikes, but call me old fashioned but I really appreciate being able to talk to someone over the phone! That really means alot to me and someone I will always give my business to time and time again! Thanks Merc, solid guy and a pleasure to do business with!! Salute!!

XsC

Ordering my parts from this source took four (4) months, verbal abuse, he had my money, all I had was hassle, heart ache and being accused of being any number of things...Just telling you all what my experience with this source was. I am a 63 year old gentleman, I don't drink, smoke or chew, try to to the next right thing be of service to others guy. Make what you will of of my report..... Carter

Ordering my parts from this source took four (4) months, verbal abuse, he had my money, all I had was hassle, heart ache and being accused of being any number of things...Just telling you all what my experience with this source was. I am a 63 year old gentleman, I don't drink, smoke or chew, try to to the next right thing be of service to others guy. Make what you will of of my report..... Carter

Having dealt with 650 Central for along time, I can safely say we all have our days, And we all are far from perfect, and of course Sh_t happens. I get a lot a flac from suppliers but they all try to keep me as a customer.So for those of you reading this remember he is just one guy with two businesses, and a lot of customers. :twocents:

Back