I rode a 1968 Yamaha 60 yesterday

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
So I stopped off at a buddy's shop to pick up some parts, he had a 1968 Yamaha 60, damn thing probably does no more than 10 hp. Anyways top speed was a whopping 40 mph, not the best idea taking it on a 60mph road. Got a few laughs, few thumbs up, it's was for sure a white knuckle ride,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
That reminds Me of My Buddy Alton, He has had this Russian bike forever, and I rode it last summer. It has this weird deal, where You can operate the clutch with the gear shift- the theory being that if the Chinese shoot your arm off, you can still shift gears! I cant remember the make of this bike, but the carb is a flat slide, and is so simple that you can rebuild the carb, with no tools, WITH GLOVES ON. The front and rear wheel are interchangable with no tools. Check out the Bitch-handle on the seat, for those heavy duty Russian babes....Alton is a very talented pinstriper, and painted the beer box, just to kill time. Evel jumping on Altons bike......

Attachments

• Keller Peckerheads 090.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 090.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Keller Peckerheads 092.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 092.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Keller Peckerheads 099.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 099.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Keller Peckerheads 101.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 101.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 221
Here's another shot of Alton, at last October Lake O' the Pines Rallye. He was bored again, so He modified His helmet. all brushwork, and He made the screw out of a Coors can. The Boy just aint right.....Last pic is a Triton that Alton had just finished pinstriping. The dude that owns it got all beered up, and at the stroke of midnight, He did a valve-floating, sand throwing burnout, and left the bike sitting there all night. I wanted to steal it and take it home, no bike deserves that....:banghead:

Attachments

• 26th LOP Rallye 100.jpg
    26th LOP Rallye 100.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 26th LOP Rallye 108.jpg
    26th LOP Rallye 108.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 26th LOP Rallye 107.jpg
    26th LOP Rallye 107.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 207
Here's another shot of Alton, at last October Lake O' the Pines Rallye. He was bored again, so He modified His helmet. all brushwork, and He made the screw out of a Coors can. The Boy just aint right.....Last pic is a Triton that Alton had just finished pinstriping. The dude that owns it got all beered up, and at the stroke of midnight, He did a valve-floating, sand throwing burnout, and left the bike sitting there all night. I wanted to steal it and take it home, no bike deserves that....:banghead:

Hmm, Pretty sure that guy lives in Carrollton in North Dallas.

Attachments

• Triton1.jpg
    Triton1.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Triton2.jpg
    Triton2.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 175
Hmm, Pretty sure that guy lives in Carrollton in North Dallas.

Richard lives in Keller. He is one of Our Peckerhead motorcycle Racing Team.
If You get the chance , drop by the Up in Smoke BBQ in Keller, on a Friday afternoon , and meet some of the Peckerheads, ansd see some classic rides.:bike:

Well he must have been in Carrollton; in Las Colinas more specifically! Because that's where I snapped that picture in an apartment complex. Check out the top of the tank and see the pinstriping and let me know if it was your friend's work?

Last edited:
Well he must have been in Carrollton; in Las Colinas more specifically! Because that's where I snapped that picture in an apartment complex. Check out the top of the tank and see the pinstriping and let me know if it was your friend's work?

Yeah, Jimmy, that is some of Altons work.

Regarding tiny bikes, some friends and I have a grip of CT70s to dick around on. They're a blast to ride around the city, especially in a group. Lots of turned heads, laughs, questions, and almost everyone asks "how much you wanna sell that for!?" I love rolling up next to chromed out Harley dudes at a light. Usually they don't even acknowledge me, sometimes they love it though.

IMG_2960.jpg

More pics from us shootin around town yesterday:

http://www.hellsbananas.com/archives/saturday/523

Regarding tiny bikes, some friends and I have a grip of CT70s to dick around on. They're a blast to ride around the city, especially in a group. Lots of turned heads, laughs, questions, and almost everyone asks "how much you wanna sell that for!?" I love rolling up next to chromed out Harley dudes at a light. Usually they don't even acknowledge me, sometimes they love it though.

Gotta ask... What's the top speed?

here's my 1966 Aermacchi/H-D M-50, 50cc 3-speed on the handlebar 45mph on the flat

Attachments

• Aug19^23.JPG
    Aug19^23.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 168
Gotta ask... What's the top speed?

The motors are slightly different in the red bikes and the blue one. The blue one has timing advance, so you get a few more MPH out of it... that one tops out at about 50, the others around 43. All depends on tire pressure and luck :)

Plan for the blue one is to continue to bob it out for laughs at bike shows - it will be entered in every competition that accepts me. I lowered it a couple inches already, etc. Gotta finish up the seat, change the bars, bates style headlight... etc.

The red one actually got first place for "best custom scooter" category at Mods vs Rockers last year, even though it's totally stock. There weren't any other categories it fit in. Total surprise to win that.

http://www.hellsbananas.com/archives/mods-vs-rockers-2010/72

That must be the same bike then. Cool man. I was really impressed with that bike. It was super clean. Did he build it or buy it?

Jimmy, I dont know Richard well, but I think He bought off e-bay. I lust after that bike.....

Attachments

• Keller Peckerheads 103.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 103.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Keller Peckerheads 104.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 104.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 162
  • Keller Peckerheads 105.jpg
    Keller Peckerheads 105.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 191
The motors are slightly different in the red bikes and the blue one. The blue one has timing advance, so you get a few more MPH out of it... that one tops out at about 50, the others around 43. All depends on tire pressure and luck :)

Plan for the blue one is to continue to bob it out for laughs at bike shows - it will be entered in every competition that accepts me. I lowered it a couple inches already, etc. Gotta finish up the seat, change the bars, bates style headlight... etc.

The red one actually got first place for "best custom scooter" category at Mods vs Rockers last year, even though it's totally stock. There weren't any other categories it fit in. Total surprise to win that.

http://www.hellsbananas.com/archives/mods-vs-rockers-2010/72

If they weren't going for a chunk of change I would probably try and pick one of those suckers up!!

thats just too awesome.

If they weren't going for a chunk of change I would probably try and pick one of those suckers up!!

Keep your eyes open. I got my red K1 for $175, the blue HK0 for $300. Of course, I've done a lot of work on them since then, but the both ran strong with a standard tuneup.

Back