Giving a shot at mod'ing my tank

johnpagn

Working on it every day
Reaction score
I havent seen anyone running a modded xs tank or for that matter anyone trying to make one so I thought I'd try.

This being my first attempt ,well I'v got my fingers crossed.

So far I'v cut the bottom out and cut 5 inches out of the length. Then the front half was wider then the back so I had to take 1and 1/4 out of the center .

I think its looking kool so far but we'll see tomorrow when I start to braze it back together. Hoping it dosent end up looking look the work of Dr. Frankenstein
Maybe I'l even remember to take pics :doh:

Any one try this before or seen one ?

Update -
Got some pics of my progress.
Compared to the pro's it looks sad, but for my first try I'm feeling good about it so far.
Ran out of oxy so brazing was out. Ended up going with a wire fed arc ( I do not recommend this ) .
I kept the stock filler, petcock bungs, and screw mounts for the right side yammaha tag. I'm putting a sight tube on the left side

What do u guys think ?

Attachments

• 650 project 094.jpg
    650 project 094.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 650 project 092.jpg
    650 project 092.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 650 project 093.jpg
    650 project 093.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 650 project 095.jpg
    650 project 095.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 650 project 091.jpg
    650 project 091.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 283
I've often wondered why more guys don't remove the seams. Of course I haven't done it myself b/c I'm afraid to F(*&^ it up.

Sure,

Well I didnt get much done today.
Got my stuff for my swing arm yesterday So I put it back on the frame And decided to do a lil mock up to see how things were coming together.
It felt great to see it more reality rather then just the image in my head.
This pic sux bc it was taken with my phone, but what sux more is I cant get it to load on here. It keeps saying invalid.:wtf:

I'll have to get one with my wifes camera next week to post up for u guys :shrug:

Back