some wiring diagrams

The blue wire doesn't come from the stator/rotor. The blue wire runs down from the neutral light through the 6 wire plug, through part of the stator harness and out the side just above the engine. It then hooks to the neutral light switch on top of the transmission.
As Ksboy said, if not used cap off.
Leo

- oem alternator and pamco ignition and starter...

wiring.jpg

- oem alternator, oem ignition and starter

xs650_electrical_3.gif

...none of these wiring diagrams are original, i havent touched one of those in years except to take them out...im a great fan of doing them from scratch - you have to know what youre going to need so this is usually one of the last jobs unless you wish to run the cabling through the frame - here you need to do this while doing any frame modifying

- at this link you can find copies of original wiring diagrams...look for schaltplan

http://www.xs650.de/phplm/index.htm

I am not well versed in wiring lingo. What is the "Power Outlet" that is running from the battery?
Thanks for the help.

ok, so on the 'power outlet' you could say...charge a phone while out on the road. how much would that take from the bikes battery?
for instance could you charge your phone while you get drunk and pass out by the campfire and still have a good battery in the morning. a cell phone cant draw too much charge can it?

also is a outlet something that you could hookup with an alligator clip. so i wouldnt have to have a dedicated spot for a cig lighter. something i could roll up and put in the backpack?

Often the "power outlet" is the leads that come with a small battery charger so it's easy to hook the charger.
The leads hook to the battery and are lonmg enough that the flat two prong plug hangs out on the side of the bike.
Leo

If you want to just wire, all the diagrams are in this thread. Or use the stock manual and do it. A '73 is pretty damn basic.
If you want a reg/rec combo then go to Mike'sXS and get Part #24-2089.

Need a little help/have the tx650 to the wiring stage/Have the following questions/Can I change the regulator to solid state and still use the stock rec/if so what changes do I make? Do I need to use nylon screws on the brush housing? Thanks for all the help!

If you use this regulator you need the three nylon screws. You also need to run power to the black wire brush.
There is a bit more costly regulator that has four wires coming out of it. You can use that one without any nylon screws or wiring changes.
If you search this forum for regulators you might find more info on both regulators.
I used the one pictured on my 75 with great results. I also built the Radio Shack rectifier. About & bucks in parts, a scrap of aluminum plate and some soldering. Easy to due and works great.

Attachments

• 51168.jpg
    51168.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 1,339
Went and found a pic of the four wire one. It shows it mounted but you can see what it looks like. Go to NAPA and ask for a VR291 and it should look like this one. It will have a part number MPEVR1010SB.
Try to get one with the orange wire, not a pink wire. The pink wire unit has the voltage set to high.
Leo

Attachments

• DSC00814.jpg
    DSC00814.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 179
Thanks to everybody for posting those diagrams!
I am working on an 79 xs750 sf cafe racer and havent been able to find any good
diagrams on any other forums. My wiring set up looks pretty similar to
the 650, but there is a black, green, brown, three whites and a yellow that
come from my alternator. In one of the diagrams above the brown and green
wire are (connected?) coming from the regulator/rectifier. Would this be the same on my bike. Does anyone have a simplified wiring diagram for the xs750.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everybody for posting those diagrams!
I am working on an 79 xs750 sf cafe racer and havent been able to find any good
diagrams on any other forums. My wiring set up looks pretty similar to
the 650, but there is a black, green, brown, three whites and a yellow that
come from my alternator. In one of the diagrams above the brown and green
wire are (connected?) coming from the regulator/rectifier. Would this be the same on my bike. Does anyone have a simplified wiring diagram for the xs750.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
The "connection" is actually the pick-up coil (aka the lil diagonal rectangle).

Thanks to all of you who posted diagrams. It was/is a great help! I'm a visual person and I found that sketching out these diagrams logistically helped out a lot. Here's what mine eventually looked like sketched out:
tumblr_lzdgeq7pBE1qcjd27.jpg

Again, thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

The XS750 alternator works simular to the XS650. It has a stator and it has a feild coil, and a combo reg/rec.
The XS650 has a stator and the feild coil is the rotor. Early years had seperate reg and rec the later had a combo reg/rec.
Coming from your alternator you have three whites. These come from the stator. The three whites are the AC coming from the stator and go to the recifier where it gets converted to DC.
The green and brown are the wires that send battery voltage to the feild coil. I think battery power is applied to the brown wire. When the regulator sences low battery voltage it grounds the green wire to send current through the feild coil. This makes the alternator make electricity.
This is how the later XS650 works.
As far as the yellow wire on the xs650 it sends a signal to the safety relay to turn off the starter.
From looking at the parts fiche it appears the XS750 has no safety relay.
The ignition pick up isn't on the alternator like the xs650, I think it's under a seperate cover.
Leo

so i think i have this figured out for my setup.

-Hugh's PMA
-New Reg/Rect.
-Pamco
-Ultimate Coil
-Sparx Capacitor

What i am curious about is how/where do i wire in the neutral switch and an indicator LED? i can hide the light on the bike quite easily so why not have it, i just do not know how that would tie into this system and function properly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

simplifiedWiring.jpg

To hook in a neutrallight on that diagram MiniDanzig, run a wire from after the key switch to an indicator bulb, from the bulb to the neutral switch on the transmission.
When the engine is running power is sent to the bulb, from the bulb to the neutral switch, when in neutral the switch grounds and the light lights up.
It won't light up without the engine running.
Leo

Back