Homemade and Unique Tools

- from hans here in germany...the back saver

003_003.jpg

003_002.jpg

if your building from the ground up ( or how it is called??).start by putting the engine in the frame.
lay the engine on it's side and "drop" the frame over it.
attach it en place it back right way up.

(most of u probebly know this trick already)

- 3 in dolly for guards and tanks

3_inch_dolly2.jpg

- hammer stand

Hammer_stand.jpg

- skyhook

tslottable.jpg

main_8570.jpg

- engineers vise..vertical mount

table.jpg

- horizontal mount

PICT0699.jpg

Good idea with that mount for the vise.. It just drops in right? I would imagine it might be nice to be able to put a bolt or pin through the mount for some things... I like that it hangs out to give some clearance from the table and that you can get it out of the way when it is in the way.

- yea - the horizontal slide can be extended and pinned to whatever length you like eg for using a manual pipe bender...the vertical holder can be used for a range of tools

Yeah the garage journal is pretty awesome. I've seen some good ideas for work benches there.

Looks dangerous! Is there a way to secure the shock to the jack and the jack to the wood? How do those two blocks hook to the spring and not the spring keeper (or whatever it's called)?

- a pipe clamp bolted to the base would hold the shock when it slipped off the jack :yikes:

pipe-and-cable-clamp-221692.jpg

- shift the 2 blocks down so that 2 x 5mm thick tabs can locate between the 2nd and 3rd coils and youll be able to lift the keeper out

- otherwise just close your eyes...what you cant see cant hurt you :laugh:

Ok Boys

You’re over engineering this.
I built this to easily strip XS special shocks the foot of the shock sits in a cross section on the jack shaft, the two blocks are spaced so when you compress you can pull out the retainer in the middle out. You only need to compress enough to get the retainer out. Shock sits level with jack & NO problems.

Here is a clutch basket tool I made from a spare clutch plate and a heavy duty Stanley "L" bracket.

The main advantage is there is no welding required. Just drill two holes in the plate and matching holes in the bracket.

The greater leverage also means that it will not bend on hard to loosen clutch hub nuts.

You could also just bevel the holes in the clutch plate and reuse it!!

clutch tool.jpg

Back