Engine/Crankcase Gaskets?

cheftay

Keepin' it real
Reaction score
So I've heard some disputes about the athena gaskets that mikesxs sells, And i've used one for my right hand crank cover, and had problems with it leaking oil...

Are there any other gaskets that you can buy that work better or are we stuck with these?

thanks!

chef.tay

- i found a local gasket maker who has his own cutting forms, got talking to him one day and discovered he had 6 full sets of XS gaskets in stock-been sitting there since offshoring had all but killed his business, since having no end of problems with you know who's gaskets i bought all sets...they are made from real gasket paper and have never leaked...still have 2 sets left that will no doubt get used over the next year...rode past the other day and saw hes still there so maybe i will have to drop in and drink a coffee with him, see if he will run me off a small run for my personal use

- there must be little 1 man band shops around the US that have provided this service in the past, the forms will still exist somewhere, with the destruction of the automobile industry and its supply chain, it will become worth these blokes energy to run these sets again

- or you can buy some sheets or rolls of good gasket paper and cut your own, offcuts can be used for smaller gaskets...its not as difficult as you might think, just takes a bit of time

- dont forget to kep your case surfaces clean and oil free

- i live here in middle europe, everything costs euros, with shipping on top ... you will find better local deals if you look :bike:

- cheftay...what do you think your grandfather did?

Back