Anybody look down there nose at your xs?

I have a garage full of bikes. I just don't bother with anything with 4 wheels. Anyone who rides get my respect. However there are some morons I can't stand. I love my sportster. But I am a whole 5'6" so not a ton of bike I can fit on. I guess I got lucky with location. I hang out with a ton of people that work and hang out at the H-D shop and none of them ever give me shit for anything I ride. There are days when only the GSX-R will do and others I want my Harley. It all depends on how I feel in the AM. Over all if some one ever gives you shit it is either because they are stupid or jealous.

Have not had my 650 out yet but, when I ride my 06 Bonnie, I get all kinds of attention. Especially from the older Harley guys reminiscing. Came out of the gas station once and someone was taking pics. Kinda cool and weird

If you notice my "sig", I'm a Euro bike guy, been one for years. I just recently discovered and got into (in a big way, I'll admit) these 650 Yamahas. My Euro buddies give me shit. They can't understand what I see in this bike. I offer them a ride. They can't be bothered it seems - so fuck them. It is what it is but you'll never know that unless you ride one.

We have a bunch of harley riders at work, my bike is at my shop and I had a few snide remarks about it, but when I have less then 2gs into my bike and the bosses hot daughter thinks it looks better then the two fat boys and the Decker, heck that works for me

I honestly don't see the appeal of anything currently in the Harley lineup (wait, can you still get an XR750 new?). I wouldn't mind owning a Sporty, but it'd have to go under the knife before I rode it around the block.

Of course just up the road from me, Portland is hipster mecca and Jap twins are about the coolest thing ever to those guys.

I have had nothing but compliments, thumbs up, and that sort of shit..I actually find a lot of guys I see here are true riders and either owned an xs650 at some point or just like the old bikes.

Truthfully, It gets a bit old when half the time I come out from a shop some dude wants to talk about it...but I always try and give them a minute or two.

I live in an extremely hipster city though! (Victoria, BC.)

Of all the bikes I've ever had, more people show interest in my XS than any other by far. Seems everyone either had one or knew someone who had one.

I have had nothing but compliments, thumbs up, and that sort of shit..I actually find a lot of guys I see here are true riders and either owned an xs650 at some point or just like the old bikes.

Truthfully, It gets a bit old when half the time I come out from a shop some dude wants to talk about it...but I always try and give them a minute or two.

I live in an extremely hipster city though! (Victoria, BC.)

Hey Tron, there is ( I hope they are still in business ) a few vintage Japanese bike importers in BC . They bring over containers full of them, no duty on bikes that are old enough , something like that. I was Emailing a guy at WindBell a couple of years ago ,they were bringing a container full of SR400s , some XS650s and a bunch of CB Hondas ,mostly smaller displacement and some models that were never available here . Check them out if you get a chance . I always get tons of people looking at my vintage bike .

Some look down at my rides , while
Most
Mothers grab their children and hold em tight I get more people want to talk about my yota pick up and Vw baja than the xs , I get the Harley guys who come by and rev it up for me as they pass. I'm just glad they go on by. Those buckets are loud.
, no wonder they are always yelling. I'm just glad I am riding could care less about others and what they think

If you notice my "sig", I'm a Euro bike guy, been one for years. I just recently discovered and got into (in a big way, I'll admit) these 650 Yamahas. My Euro buddies give me shit. They can't understand what I see in this bike. I offer them a ride. They can't be bothered it seems - so fuck them. It is what it is but you'll never know that unless you ride one.

When you say Euros do you mean BMWs ? Italian ?

Not yet. I've posted my XS project on my Facebook page. All of my MC riding buddies have complemented me. I get LOTS of thumbs up for my everyday ride- a 2007 Triumph T-100.

ive had peps taking pics of my xs650 powerd honda at the gasem up joint. had a harley dude yell cool little chopper. no matter what you are doing in life somebody is going to be running his hole. most peps that are sharp dont have much to say or prove.

Harley Davidson owning members here on 650.com I am NOT-NOT referring to you with my comments!! The only negative snipes I get are from Harley owners. Both kinds- the hands on kind and the bank financed kind. Sometimes I do get angry and they back off. (They always seek me out to ridicule my bikes) What I dont get about Harley owners: SOME..some Harley guys- They HATE Japanese bikes. The USA was attacked by Japan so Harley guys hate Japanese bikes (I can understand this could be an emotional legit issue with many Americans). Harley guys like Brit bikes and they like Ducati (Italian). They seem to at least be quiet about BMW. The USA had a war with all those countries in the recent and distant past but yet the disdain is concentrated on the big 4 Japanese! ???? Am I missing something? Harley guys dont like Victory...AMERICAN MADE VICTORY!!! And Harley uses Japanese parts such as Showa, Keihin- probably Hitachi...

Harley Davidson owning members here on 650.com I am NOT-NOT referring to you with my comments!! The only negative snipes I get are from Harley owners. Both kinds- the hands on kind and the bank financed kind. Sometimes I do get angry and they back off. (They always seek me out to ridicule my bikes) What I dont get about Harley owners: SOME..some Harley guys- They HATE Japanese bikes. The USA was attacked by Japan so Harley guys hate Japanese bikes (I can understand this could be an emotional legit issue with many Americans). Harley guys like Brit bikes and they like Ducati (Italian). They seem to at least be quiet about BMW. The USA had a war with all those countries in the recent and distant past but yet the disdain is concentrated on the big 4 Japanese! ???? Am I missing something? Harley guys dont like Victory...AMERICAN MADE VICTORY!!! And Harley uses Japanese parts such as Showa, Keihin- probably Hitachi...

Some of us are old enough to remember when Harley guys hated Brit and Euro bikes and Jap bikes equally . I see lots of "got my attitude when I got my Harley " types that drive Toyotas so that whole patriotic "remember Pearl Harbor " crap is just monkey see monkey do . I laugh at the "Hog " members and their corporate contrived culture .

Some of us are old enough to remember when Harley guys hated Brit and Euro bikes and Jap bikes equally . I see lots of "got my attitude when I got my Harley " types that drive Toyotas so that whole patriotic "remember Pearl Harbor " crap is just monkey see monkey do . I laugh at the "Hog " members and their corporate contrived culture .

:thumbsup: screw the factory an there boutiques .. selling bikes an service comes in 2nd

I will probably never own a Harley simply because of the attitudes directed toward me from the ignorant owners. I have old bikes but thanks to my hands on work they both look almost like new- and I dont have but $3000 total in both of them. I like that Harley has lots of dealerships and that go fast and cosmetic upgrade goodies are readily available in their stores. Nothing beats getting a part the same day instead of waiting on an internet order- or needing a part thats only available used. But that healthy rumble of a V Twin does not compete with the pull of a vintage big inline 4. I love my XS650 twin as well. It has great sound and performance but with leak free start everytime reliability. (And in 1980- the XS650 was quicker in the 1/4 mile than a 1000cc sportster)

My 1979 XS1100F
100_0596.jpg

My 1980 XS650 Special 2 (Sportster mufflers were cheap, look and sound effing great!)
100_0675.jpg

Back