Harbor Freight Tube Roller- Reviews, Mods, Info.

I have one, heres what i did with it.

By extending it 6 inches on each side it reduces the force needed by about 50%...It makes a HUGE difference, also i extended the top to fit a 8 ton bottle jack. Then i powder coated it just to make it look nice

69cfb1db.jpg

Nice mods guys! Now I'm tempted to power mine with a hydraulic motor plumbed into the hydraulic system on my other bender. The would give great control.

Nice mods guys! Now I'm tempted to power mine with a hydraulic motor plumbed into the hydraulic system on my other bender. The would give great control.

Hydraulic would be the shiz-nit man! Put a ram on the feed roller also! You could probably figure out a nice "set" pressure you could just automatically apply while you're rolling back and forth! Man... You could just hit a button LEFT and RIGHT until you have your desired radius!

Put clamps with limit switches on each end of your bend. The limit switches could alternate the feed direction through a solenoid and then you could just hit "PLAY" and go make some phone calls!!!

Baleigh would crap their pants! :thumbsup:

Now you're talking! That would be pretty cool. You could also have a stop switch rigged up to shut it all down when it got to the right radius. :gun:

Now you're talking! That would be pretty cool. You could also have a stop switch rigged up to shut it all down when it got to the right radius. :gun:

Heck yeah! Go make me a cup of coffee and just listen for the little "ding" when my 32.5" radius is reached!!! :thumbsup:

question for you guys. Lengthening the sides allows for easier rolling, but doesn't it keep you from rolling a much tighter radius? Don't know how critical that is anyway.

Back