Anyone like punk music? Dropkick Murphys? The Tossers?

Nice!
I'm not too familiar with Dropkick Murphys or The Tossers, so I had to give them a listen. Kinda reminds me of The Pogues..
I gotta study up on what's new in punk. Glad to see the style is alive and well, because "Punk is destine to die, because eventually they will figure out how to play thier instruments" haha
In the last few years I've been able to check out some of the old bands making an other round. Just saw DRI last spring, have also seen the Buzzcocks and X recently too.

yeah most of the old bands are different members with on e or two orriginals. dead kennedys have played quite a bit but only two of the guys are originals and niether is jelo

Yeah, well.. DK is not DK without Jello Biafra. He may be kind of a dick, but he made the band what it was.
DRI had all thier members from what I can tell. Buzzcocks and X did for sure. John Doe is the man! I also catch Mike Watt of the Minutemen every time he comes to town. He may look like a 50+ year old pumber, but man can he rock.

Meatmen are still rocken it.

Alright lets list some favorite bands
Dead kennedys
Guttermouth is my favorite
circle jerks
bad brains
and bunch more just naming my top three

They need to change their name from Dropkick Murphys to just the Murphys. Dropkick Ramones? Dropkick Beatles? Dropkick Dead Kennedys? See what I mean?

punk is cool, not a big fan of celtic punk though.
hardcore is more my speed.

f-minus. fuck, it's been a while ahaha.

I listen to just about everything except post-hardcore,screamo, and death metal. good to see some dudes on here have great taste in music.

Just off the top of my head: The Slackers, Mos Def, NoFX, Westbound Train, Toots and the Maytals, The Stiff Little Fingers, Wu-Tang Clan, Bob Dylan, The Shins, Captain Beefheart, Billy Joel, The Velvet Underground, Sublime, The Clash, Gang Starr, Big L, People Under the Stairs, Chuck Berry, Dillinger Four, Lee “Scratch” Perry, Jimmy Cliff, and anything with a funky-ass beat.

I actually took that from my bio on the magazine's website... it's relatively accurate lol

To name my top three would be too hard. It's all good.

When I was about 14 a friend made me my first punk cassette, DK on one side and Minor Threat on the other. My first punk show was GBH w/ TSOL opening. I was 16 (1986) and I told my mom we were going to a movie, not going to one of the more dangerous parts of Detroit to a gritty smoke filled bar.
Saw the Circle Jerks around that time too. At that show saw a guy get pulled out of the pit with what was obviously a broken leg.

I'm coming around to screamo. My 12 year old daughter went from Mylie Cyrus and Taylor Swift to screamo overnight. Took her and her friend to see a bunch of bands an all ages show at St. Andrews (Detroit) last spring. Funny, there was a mosh pit, but these kids today are a bit softer if you know what I mean. When I was a kid, the punks wore combat boots, leather and spikes and where skinny.

punk, Discharge, crude ss, anti-cimex, exploited, Inepsy, criminal damage, oi polloi, the 4 skins, crass, tampare ss, riistitute, cock sparrer.

I pretty much only listen to punk and speed metal (some country) play in bands. Love the life. Its so much more then just music.

Back