Zombie Bobb build thread in Houston, Texas

54inches

Vagitarian
Reaction score
Soooo, been checking these bikes out for years and was just about to pick one up late 2009, but I was commissioned to restomod a car for some coworkers (which is still going on) but that project is coming to an end and I want a bike.

Never built a bike, know nothing about bikes except how to drive em, but what the hell.

I have a 1985 Suburban with 2 1/2 Ton axles, converted to 4wd, dual transfer cases which also has a fiberglass Blazer top grafted tot he bck, so it's now a topless Suburban; oh yeah it's a 454 and will have 54" ties on it when done. It will be olive drab green or satin black.

My DD is a Cadillac CTSV ALL black inside and out.

The OTHER project is a fairly customized 84 Dodge Rampage. All white.

Yeah, I know an affinity for the weird.

I live in the Houston area.

Anyways, I really want to build a very simple bike. Kick start, no battery, hardtail, lowered with a DROP seat; nothing special but clean and simple.

From here, I need to find a bike that runs good, but can be a basket case otherwise.

I don't see much down here, but I can wait.

Until then, I am going to start using the search tool, just like it was meant to be used and start reading......banshee conversion and pamcote ignition look to be my first upgrades then probably a 6" stretch and 4" dropped frame the next. Then on to lowering the forks and replacing the bars with a drag type setup.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
So, I want:

Spin-on Oil filter conversion. $ 85++
Pamco Ignition. $100++
Suicide Shift Free!
Bear Claw kick pedal $ 20

Maybe later.
Banshee Rear Differential(Trike) $100

Last edited:
I'm in Dallas and I have a 71 frame/motor roller, not cut.

#'s matching but no title and not running, but the engine is all there and assembled.

Pretty decent candidate.

I'm in College Station here man, but I don't have a frame/roller laying around. Welcome to the site. If I see anything around CS I'm already obligated to one person, but I do have an extra engine laying around.

BigJimmy style, just about to PM you dude! I can't miss out on a fellow Texan that has all the damn knowledge you got!

Tell me about this motor! How many lone stars would it take to buy it? Anyways, really like your bike and I am looking to do something similar, but with my own flare. Same questions about the engine as above.

When you say you are obligated to someone, do you mean looking for a bike? If so I understand, just keep an eye open for me brother!!!!

It's actually the engine that is in the pics, I just have to get some cam bearings and put it back together.

And yes sir, saw mine and as far as I can tell he is serious, so if I come across one before him I have to tell him about it it first. Also looking for one for a friend in Western IL.

Of course man. Will do. He probably won't be interested in the engine so I will keep you in mind if I end up wanting to sell it off instead of keeping it as a back up.

Boomshakalaka, 1971. I got a spare set of pipes for it too.

5612721569_a06bac7070.jpg

54inches, just curious.. for brakes, why are you looking for a pre 80?

Also, welcome to the site!

Thanks Travis! Not sure why I said brakes; aren't the disc/disc in the later models. I may have meant except for brakes; no telling.

Also thinking about making a trike, but that will be my last mod.

1. I want to get the bike running and stopping first.
2. Brat style, with ignition, charging, handlebars & other bolt on upgrades.
(I don't want to buy all of these things in case I don't like it!!!)
3. Hardtail and fork drop, hell maybe a new gas tank.
4. Trike.

Just a thought; you never know!!!!

good ideas and thoughts on the build.
Now i see why you were asking me to bring a roller down.

:D:thumbsup:

I am not sure how I missed that, but reserve is not met and he is asking for a $500 deposit, but ALOT has been done, maybe!!! Thanks for looking out for a brother!

Anyone know anything about a 73 Honda cb400a? Found one already chopped, but looks like it needs to be gone through. The hardtail looks beefs and maches the frame well, but it is a 400cc automatic, which is a great girls bike....lol

Also found a 72 hodaka, a 66 Yamaha A7 locally.

Back