Swingarm floor stands

Royboy

many roads, little time
Reaction score
North Central MN / Gold Canyon AZ (seasonal tramp)
Looked in the tool topics section but didn't find much on this subject. Can anyone recommend the best choices for swingarm stands. Most of the stuff I see on the web is designed for Harley or sport bikes. I'd like to find something that would work well, without spools, to lift my XS650 and my SR500.

Thoughts?

roy

A couple of 2x6 or 2x8's screwed together with a 3/4 inch floor flange screwed to it with a three foot piece of 3/4 inch pipe screwed in.
With the pipe sticking up, slide the 2x's under the bike, tip the pipe over , front or back, makes no difference, untill the 2x's go over center and the pipe rests on the floor.
Easy to build, easy to use.
Leo

thats a burrito stand.
been meaning to biuld one for my 2003 marauder. no center stand.
my friend has a swing arm stand that doesnt need spools. the padles are flat, and the swingarm just sits on it. Think he said he got it at harbor fright.

Hey Leo, Thanks, you solved my problem for very little money and not much effort. I've lowered the bike about 2" and getting it up on the centerstand was tougher than a boiled owl. This gizmo of yours is a one hand no brainer. Perfect for chain lube and detailing duties!

Attachments

• 650lift 002.JPG
    650lift 002.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 650lift 003.JPG
    650lift 003.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 252
yesterday i went to my tiny little towns annual car/bike show so i,m all over the bikes with my digital camera,,, a ducati desmos.... had a rear swingarm that had small trolley sort of wheels on it ...but the sweet thing was it had angle brackets that cupped the alloy swing arm the sliding bits that caught onto the swingarm were square 1" heavy wall tube ,, and i thought it would do either of my bikes xs650 1976 or 1980 gs1000e... i,m going to try and get a cost for 1 hope this helps regards oldbiker

Hey Leo, Thanks, you solved my problem for very little money and not much effort. I've lowered the bike about 2" and getting it up on the centerstand was tougher than a boiled owl. This gizmo of yours is a one hand no brainer. Perfect for chain lube and detailing duties!

Aww, you beat me to this one.

I made one of these a few years back to lift my Harley and it works great and super cheap.

RoyBoy, that red bike in the background, is that an xs750 seat adapted to the 500?

Back