What's it worth?

shade

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi
Many years ago I purchased a Yamaha 650 Heritage Special. It wasn't running when I bought it. I got the bike running but never properly. I rode it maybe 20 miles, and then it sat in my parents garage where it is today. I ordered a new Carburetor for the bike because I know the old one has some unfixable issues. This bike has around 2000 miles on it.
I was going to fix this bike up but someone gave me a Honda CB550 which I have been working on and is almost ready for the street.
I would like to know what the Yamaha is worth, as I might just sell it to get it out of my parents garage. It is not running now, but I'm sure I could get it going if I could get there and get the time, and money to put into it.
If I do keep the bike I will have lots of questions for you guys!
Thanks

Non running titled bike in pristine condition you will have to wait awhile to get 7-800 for it. 3-500 if you want to sell it soon.
Running titled bike in pristine condition 12-1500 eventually. If you wait for the "right" customer. 9-1200 if you want to turn it quick.
You have to consider that time has done as much to kill it as use. I would be leery of stuck valves and rust rings in the clyinders. Dry shafts, seals and bearings with grease so caked and dry you chiesel it out like old window putty. Alot of work to fix a bike that isn't going to sell for 2K.

What could happen to a set of carbs that they are unfixable with only 2K miles on them?
Someone take a hammer to them? Harsh solvents?

Welcome to the boards.

No pics yet, I will try to get someone to take a photo. The bike is in a garage in Central New Jersey. I also have the title with the bike.

Back