Anyone ever used this company or ha ve any work done by them?

Hmmm, seems dodgy. Also heard they don't do this conversion on US motors? It's fine, in the last 10 minutes I found someone who's built a 1000cc conversion on a US bike. Looking in to this with a possible rephase.:thumbsup:

Hmmm, seems dodgy. Also heard they don't do this conversion on US motors? It's fine, in the last 10 minutes I found someone who's built a 1000cc conversion on a US bike. Looking in to this with a possible rephase.:thumbsup:

I'm not sure that going that big would do much good. The consensus is that the XS650 engine case can't take much over 70 HP before it starts to flex and crack.

All that you can accomplish is to make more bottom end torque.

880 seems to be a pupular size too.

I'm liking the numbers this 1000cc puts pout in the torque department,which is what I need to get my fat ass up to speed.. I'm thinking this conversion with a 277 rephase crank and cam and some nice carbs and a 5th gear OD. I've already swapped in an 18/32 combo.

I'm liking the numbers this 1000cc puts pout in the torque department,which is what I need to get my fat ass up to speed.. I'm thinking this conversion with a 277 rephase crank and cam and some nice carbs and a 5th gear OD. I've already swapped in an 18/32 combo.

As a career machinist in the NHRA, I'm not one to argue against more displacement. However, you're running into the wrong end of the cost/benefit ratio by going that big. The 87mmX74mm bore/stroke is going to be the best displacement for the dollar set-up.

I haven't seen the bore and stroke #'s for the 1000cc. I'm assuming that uses a stroker crank?

Once you surpass the stock stroke of 74mms,piston speed becomes your worst nightmare and rephasing does little to tame the teeth rattling vibes,you'd have to rubber mount the beast,along with rephasing(STAY STOCK ON STROKE) Those big bore combination's only weaken cases around the spigot areas and will cause oil seepage in that area too,but can be remedied with silicon and also you have to deal with overheating issues due to not enough meat in the cylinder block to dissipate heat build up. There have been stroker builds from 900 to 1100CCs but most where no practical for street use IMO. Take the bore out to 82mms,install Megacycle cam#250-30,get the head ported and install 2mm over-sized intake valve,run flatslides in 36 or 38mms and run a stepped header system to broaden the pull from bottom to top-end when used in conjunction with the 250-30 cam,it's a hairy cam,so take advantage of it.

Back