Gas tank

- ive had lots of bikes and never sealed a tank in my life - ive kept them clean, drained them 1x year and cleaned the internal filters...when not in use i have removed the tank, cleaned it and stored it with a little light oil smeared inside...more important for me was installing an inline fuel filter...be interesting what these newer ethanol containing fuels will do-i think tank maitenance will become more of an issue

Thanks, saved me some trouble. Unless I'm on a trip and don't know which gas stations have real gas, I never the 10% ethanol gas. You get a little better MPG's and don't slowly screw your motor.

- whatever you do to it will depend on what condition its is now-any rust will need to be removed...i have friends that do this with diluted lemon juice, believe it or not, phosphoric acid is a good rust remover-just make sure you flush it out well...what i do is strap the tank over the mouth of a concrete mixer, put some small washers and nuts into it with some diluted phosph acid and switch her on for a couple of hours

Back