What is it worth?

sou1f1y33

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy about buying his 76 XS650. Without the bike running and also without a key or title what do you think it is realistically worth in its current condition?

Thanks!

No title! = parts bike. Not being able to confirm the motor has no issues is also a negitive. and even in it ran you would at least need do a cam chain guide. my tops would be $250 with title 500-700

I would say $250. Bikes with no titles are a pain. If it's complete, then you could part it out and make a couple bucks, but with no title, ugh. And if anyone tells you, "but I know a guy who can..." or "Just go to...", then tell them to get the title for it.
Putting money into a non-titled bike is a complete waste.

Does the engine even turn over? Compression test? These are things you want to check if you just want to keep the engine or sell it. If these don't check out....money pit.

You could probably apply for a title, that's what I did on my 'free' bike and got one. Then again, that's in SC. Applying doesn't mean you'd get it, there's plenty of horror stories about people buying non titled cars/bikes only to find they were stolen. Since you don't know if it runs and could be buying a title problem, $100 tops. Then see if you can get a title before deciding exactly what to do with it.

i know from the thousands of posts that titles can be a bugger for you USers. In Aus, we can do a REVS check, where you run the VIN, and it will tell you if it is stolen or if there is any money owing on it. If it comes up clean, all you need is a bill of sale. You guys got nothing like that?

Posted via Mobile

I know that here in Mississippi USA we can get a bonded title. The basics are that you contact a title bond company, they run the VIN and tell you if they can bond it, you pay them $125 they send you the bonding info and you take the bike and paperwork down to the local motor vehicles department for verification/inspection and registration. 6-8 weeks later you receive a bonded title. 3 years (or something like that) later you can get a regular title.

haha, we have it so easy in Saskatchewan (CENTRAL CANADA) No inspections at all on bikes....no vin check. Buy it, plate it. But thats why i paid 600 for a non runner complete 75 xs. shit goes for alot.

Back