Went out for a ride, started loosing power, bike stalled... now Zero power

sk650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
1978 XS... Recent mods include added sporty tank, 30's model a taillight, hong kong signal lights... Put on maybe an hour worth of trouble free riding since then until this morning.

Went out for a ride this morning. Bike started and ran good. Once I headed back home the bike started loosing power(the bottom "idiot" light started to flicker, bike stalled (thankfully when I was in my driveway) Now when I turn the key there is ZERO power going to the bike. When the key is in the ON position, no lights or anything... Where do I start?

Thanks fellas.

I should also add, no fuses were blown, and the battery is good. I just got back from Partsource to insure the battery wasn't the problem

so on closer inspection my main fuse was blown. I replaced it and the bike fired up no problem. but after maybe 30 seconds of the bike running the headlight dummy light started to flicker, and now its staying on solid so I'm guessing its only a matter on time before I blow another fuse..... Knowing that the headlight dummy light is staying on, does that give a hint to where the problem might lie?

You gotter Pamcopete. So far anyway, replaced the headlight and all seems right in the world again. Thanks!

Back