Wanted - Wassell Tank - The gas tank Blues..

Simple Bob

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
After several attmepts of trying get a wassell gas tank off of ebay i am giving up. I have been out bid five times now on ebay by what seems to be the same guy. I cant win for nothing. I see new postings but some have an outrageous price. I am at a loss here for what i thought would be an easy buy. I hate EBAY...... Does anyone here have one that they would be willing to part with at a fare rate to a fellow member...:(

Finding a Wassell for a bargain is going to be tough. They're a high-demand tank and haven't been made in forever, so the cost is going to be high. Same for a Hap Jones. The best place to possibly score one for less money is a swap-meet, since some of those guys aren't looking to get rich, or they don't know the value of the tank. I wouldn't hold your breath, though.

Bid high and you will win everytime. If your playing the 2.00 bid game you will lose everytime. That's the only way to win some thing on eBay.

Thnaks guys for all the advise...i am working on aquiring two now. so hopefully one will come through in about a week

I don't have a wassel to offer, but just wanted to say that I also hate ebay. I remember when everything on fleebay was used and a bargain. Now it all seams to be new and the only benefit is you don't pay tax.....but you more than make up for that with shipping.

no school choppers has peanuts for $230. i think they look decent but I know ive seen awsome replicas for 425-450ish. maybe it was on ebay, but it was a company that made wassel and sportster replacement tanks

I have an NOS Wassel tank for sale. I have it listed on my site. Not sure of the rules on here for puuting on external links so if you ar anyone is intersted in it e-mail me at pcy4210@gmail.com. have a small online store I am just starting up and I have a lot of NOS XS650 XS1 XS2 TX650 items but I have just strted so I have not gotten much up on the site yet. The Wassell tank is there. It is NOS, but it has been in inventory for years and it has a bit of surface rust inside and the finish was raw metal or primer when it was shipped out to the dealership back in the 60's. It has been warehoused poorly but it has no dents or dings. Just needs to be painted. Inside it needs to be rinsed out real good with a strong solvent or acid, it will not need to be coated or Kreemed. It is new as there have never been any mounting holes drilled on the mounting tabs. It came from a former Triumph BSA Yamaha Honda Suzuki dealership that has since closed. Anyhow, if anyone wants to look at it I can direct you to the site is at.

got my wassell from a guy on ebay that happened to sell a lot of them. he lived an half hour away from him so I asked if he had anymore. Went and took a look and bought one of the 6 he had for $100. Nice kid.

To win on ebay find someone with a fast internet connection (4gig connection or faster) go there to make your one and only bid with exactly 10 seconds left in the auction (don't forget you'll have to confirm as well. Bid the most your willing to pay. You'll most likely win for far less. I very rarely lose an auction.

@ capt zoom....so YOUR the sniper that keeps stealing my items at the last minute...Na, just kidding. I also use the same approach, but it looks like that is becoming more of the norm. I am finding items with no bids and within the last 30 seconds there will be three of four bidders.

About the tank...I gave up on the wassel. Really like the look, but so don't everybody else. I ended up take a rubber mallet to my old peanut and creating a tank that I'm happy with.... I'll have to upload some pics as soon as I get the bike back (it's getting wired...almost done!!!!!)

Well there will be no more Blues just Bright Bright sunny days. I just posted a For Sale add for a brand new OEM Wassell fuel tank. So tank hunters there are pics on the post and contact info. Thanks

Back