Head bolt broke during removal. Need help getting correct part #

EvenmoreXS

1981 XS650
Reaction score
One head cover bolt broke while removing it. I need to order a replacement. Please help me get the right part number. I cant find what i think is right on mikes xs. If you know the part number, thanks in advance.

Its number 15 in this image. 8 mm bolt. Front right.

Attachments

• Broken Head Cover Bolt.jpg
    Broken Head Cover Bolt.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 57
OEM part#97013-08060-00 bolt (663)
I think mikes part number is Part #49-0760 but I'm not sure and their oem ref numbers don't seem reliable.

Last edited:
Looks like they may not have it at mikes xs. Anywhere else that may have it in stock.??

Also, are they all 4 identical .. Cant tell about the 4th right now....its broke. Gonna replace them all.

Yes there are 4 that size.
Boats.net, Powersportsplus, or your local Yamaha dealer.
A local hardwre with a good metric section may work.
Anyone know how to grade metric bolts off hand?

Well the assholes at power sports plus did it again. Decided to take my order, my money and not tell me over the phone that the part was on backorder until hopefully febuary. Told me it was in stock, shipped last thursday and delivery is expected for today.

Today they tell me that they are backorderd. Now im stuck and cant finish. Kinda Pissed off. They did this with my last order too. I told them this was my last try for them .. Two failures ,...lies,...in a row shows consistancy.

Consitantly Shitty Liars !

As an fyi,,,....powersportsplus.com and boats.net are the same company.

Does anybody have these bolts lying around? I wanted to replace them all, but I only need one. Wish I could get them new, but no one has them.

Anybody.

2 bolts with washers on the way. USPS first class no tracking. $1.35 For reference they are 8mm x 60mm (measured) Note how the part number reflects this. OEM part#97013-08060-00 bolt (663)

Back