Harbor Freight lift table

section8joe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've been looking for a lift table for awhile and when I saw the $299 coupon from HF I decided to buy one. When I called the store they told me that the coupon will only work for the #91764 lift. I guess it's discontinued and the replaced with a newer model #68892. When I arrived at the store they told me that they did NOT have the 91764 in stock and I got the newer #68892 for the Coupon price of $299.
The lift is awesome except for the shitty useless wheel chock. I plan on making something like this to replace the stock chock. I put my Xs on the lift and it has no problem lifting it up to the full 30 inches. The lift also goes down nice and smooth. The edges of the table are a little sharp so I think I'm going to grind them down a bit. This thing is well worth the $299!

Here's the coupon.
6349200586_ee504c525a_z.jpg

6414460157_058826b71a_z.jpg

6414466459_0bb8828086_z.jpg

Shitty wheel Chock
6414463571_28c1203be2_z.jpg

6414469419_d33674055b_z.jpg

6414471911_0178a4f0f1_z.jpg

6414501313_421bb3534f_z.jpg

6414487019_042dd52dae_z.jpg

I had one of those and the seals went in it after about 6 months. Leaked fluid everywhere and would never stay raised.
I sold it for half what I bought it for and then got a Handy lift like I should've from the beginning.

I've had mine for several years now and no problems. It's probably the older model #91764 but it sure looks exactly the same. Besides grinding the 4 corners of the table round, cut the corners off that front wheel stop plate too. I also replaced the wheel mounting bolts as many broke in half as I tightened them down, lol. Also the grease fittings. Some of them pulled right out of their holes when I tried to remove the grease gun from them.

Something you should do with all HF hydraulic stuff is check the oil level in the hydraulic unit. Sometimes they under or over fill them. Maybe that one that blew out was over-filled. I was given one of their pipe benders that sat outside for some time. After I cleaned the rust off the piston, it still didn't work that well. Checking the oil level, I found it way overfull. Bleeding the excess off made it work just fine again.

I've had mine for several years now and no problems. It's probably the older model #91764 but it sure looks exactly the same. Besides grinding the 4 corners of the table round, cut the corners off that front wheel stop plate too. I also replaced the wheel mounting bolts as many broke in half as I tightened them down, lol. Also the grease fittings. Some of them pulled right out of their holes when I tried to remove the grease gun from them.

Something you should do with all HF hydraulic stuff is check the oil level in the hydraulic unit. Sometimes they under or over fill them. Maybe that one that blew out was over-filled. I was given one of their pipe benders that sat outside for some time. After I cleaned the rust off the piston, it still didn't work that well. Checking the oil level, I found it way overfull. Bleeding the excess off made it work just fine again.

I tried to use the coupon at the local HF but they would not accept it for the new number (list price $599) and they had no older models in stock. Funny though, when you put the old number in on the web site it pops up the new number lift. Guess I'll have to wait for a new coupon to show up. :-(
Was going to be santa's gift to himself....
Unless I find a used Handy Lift before then.

-=PO

i have 2 handi air lifts . i wanted a table to keep a project bike on without tying up the handi lifts , was thinking about getting those harbour frieght lifts . ended up making a table lift ,i use a alum. bike ramp to get it up . it is about 20 inches high on wheels so easy to get out of the way . best part it was built with scrap steel i had laying around . only thing i had to buy was the wheel clamp from h. f. . made 3 of 'em for my projects . now have plenty of lifts and tables for my bikes. just thought you guys might be able to use /make a easy bike work table

Attachments

• 75 xs 002.jpg
    75 xs 002.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 75 xs 005.jpg
    75 xs 005.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I have an HF table lift and a small frame lift, the frame lift doesn't really go high enough. The tables are nice but really suck space. Search for the perfect lift goes on.........

I have an HF table lift and a small frame lift, the frame lift doesn't really go high enough. The tables are nice but really suck space. Search for the perfect lift goes on.........

I'm in a 10X10 shed with 3 bikes in it. A table for me is out of the question and my wife won't let me put one in our spare room. No one visits anyway, so what the hell?

Explain to her that a table lift is large enough to hold a sleeping bag, lol.

I want this one, http://www.amazon.com/Powerzone-380...9GDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324298029&sr=8-2
So I can take my wheels off and stuff. That's my biggest problem.

I just got one of those for $50 from an old man that lives near my parents. I sold some old Honda 305s for him so he could fit another Model A in his garage (dope), said he wouldn't need it anymore. I was excited to have it for exactly that reason, I have a KZ440 in my garage that needs new forks and rubber. Got it home and realized that the 440's exhaust runs lower than the frame rails! I'll have to build a 2x4 jig to lift it from the frame, but it surely will be nice to have for times like this.

Amazon has lifts for $125.00.
This is the one my friend has. http://www.amazon.com/Handy-Complet...J0/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1324297832&sr=8-27
He says it's not too bad. He likes the locking cleats, but it is a little flimsy. Of course he also has a $1500.00 one that he compares everything to.

I want this one, http://www.amazon.com/Powerzone-380...9GDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324298029&sr=8-2
So I can take my wheels off and stuff. That's my biggest problem.

I bought one of those ones' you want from harbor freight for $45.00 with a 20% off coupon!

Yeah the local fleet store has the Larin brand lift for about $75 on sale I think. Normally come and go on Craigslist too. I LIKE the lift table as a bed frame idea........... That has merit!

Yes Honey I bought you a brand new red dresser for the spare bedroom too, and look at all the sock and hankie drawers it has.........

5884412607p

How did you check for over full?

Mine is leaking and only 1 month old.

Exact same as HF version but sold here in Canada by Princess Auto.

They sent me a new seal kit, but I've yet to take it apart. Assume you must raise the platform, lock in high position, release hydraulic plunger at pushing end, let piston retract and remove fill plug. Close?

I tried to use the coupon at the local HF but they would not accept it for the new number (list price $599) and they had no older models in stock. Funny though, when you put the old number in on the web site it pops up the new number lift. Guess I'll have to wait for a new coupon to show up. :-(
Was going to be santa's gift to himself....
Unless I find a used Handy Lift before then.

-=PO

That's bullshit they did that. I just got my January issue street chopper magazine and that coupon is still in there for 299. Id go back and do some bitchin.

Back