Fall 2014 ride pics?

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I've still got 2 weeks to go before vacation. I'm beginning to think we'll have to go south to see fall colors. It was dry around here and the oaks are browning, the locust yellowing already, some of the sumac a brilliant red.
Just wondering what it is like in your area.
Pictures welcome.

We got good rains mid August on so fall color should be great but we are at least two weeks away yet.
Going to be rather cool later this week. Firewood cutting season is here. Last winter was brutal, went through a lot of wood.

No foliage pics yet, but just took a nice, cool ride.

vbikes.jpg

My baby daughter (who is forty-mumble...DAMN I'm old...) just got her motorcycle license in August. Once she'd decided to do it and scheduled the MSF course, we started looking for a Ninja 250 for her. Found this absolutely pristine 2012 with 1200 miles on it for what I considered a reasonable price.

We've been riding the back roads most evenings since to get her some stick time and get her more comfortable on the bike. One of our favorites is around the Schoodic Loop of Acadia National Park. The entrance is conveniently 3 miles from our little village. One way, nice and twisty, very nice surface and gorgeous views.

Good on ya Downeaster!! It looks like she is taking to it. Or at least considerate enough to let Dad think it is the greatest time.
I'm on the east side of the state tonight and it is "greener" over here than home sooooo
fall colors may be still 1 month away???
We are supposed to have some lower temps at the end of the week that will speed things up.

- - - My baby daughter (who is forty-mumble...DAMN I'm old...) just got her motorcycle license in August. - - -

Hi Downeaster,
Kudos to your daughter and be sure she knows that 95% of car drivers can't see a motorcycle and the other 5% want them dead.
And BTDT, you REALLY know you are old when your daughters start whining about their menopausal symptoms.

Hi Downeaster,
Kudos to your daughter and be sure she knows that 95% of car drivers can't see a motorcycle and the other 5% want them dead.
And BTDT, you REALLY know you are old when your daughters start whining about their menopausal symptoms.

Yup, I get to listen to her Mom and her discuss these issues. What fun...:eek:

We always have a pre-ride "briefing" and the two major things I emphasize are "Keep your head on a swivel, look at all the driveways and other roads that enter the road you're riding" and "NEVER assume the other guy sees you."

We took a ride into the nearest town large enough to have a traffic light Sunday morning. It was also her first serious run at highway speeds. She did very well, but the first thing out of her mouth when we got to the Home Depot parking lot was "I have GOT to get me a leather jacket!" It was 55° with a stiff headwind all the way up..:thumbsup:

I sorta suspect that if we catch a nice Indian Summer day in the next week or two, she's gonna end up riding the bike to work. :bike:

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr4.jpg

Nice day for a Fall ride today, High 50's, not a cloud in the sky, no wind. Rode by the place I REALLY wanted to take a picture, but the trees haven't turned yet. Got a pretty good frost last night, next couple of days should do it if we don't get a storm and blow all the leaves off.

Downeaster it looks to be a beautiful there. Glad you had a good ride.
We were out and about for the Victory Mission's annual ride. Number 20 today.
Our day wasn't nice, but a good ride for a good cause.
Next weekend is the breast cancer foundation of the ozarks ride. Also a must do regardless of the weather.
Then (and I am pretty stoked about this) the fall family ride in memory of my/our parents.
4 brothers, 1 wife, 1 daughter and her husband, 1 son in west central AR.
The only thing that would make it better (4 me) is if I could get them to ride the 650's.

Anyway a few pics from today.

Attachments

• 107_0488.jpg
    107_0488.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 107_0493.jpg
    107_0493.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 107_0496.jpg
    107_0496.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 81
  • 107_0504.jpg
    107_0504.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 107_0551.jpg
    107_0551.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 53
We had a great get together in S.W. MO and AR last weekend.
Perfect weather and the colors were enjoyable.
Better in towns or yards where people plant for colors but mother nature was strutting her stuff also.
full

full

full

full

A group shot under the "rock" at Noel, MO.
4 brothers, 1 wife, a daughter, a son and a son-in-law.
full

Great shots WER! Was 75 and partly sunny here today but I had to work, dang it all. Got a nice ride yesterday but the trees are mostly bare now.

Back