What do you have on your mind to build over winter

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
You know I would love to be pumping out bikes but the health shit holds me back from doing what I have LOVED to do for over 40 yrs. BUT I am going to look for a new garage after the end of this year and get back into a garage and finish up my car and with some help build a JAP Bagger and maybe finish up my turbo XS650 and another stocker with crazy frame mods.
So what are you plans to build over the cold months of not riding.

If all goes well, we'll be in our new-to-us house by then. Assuming that happens, we'll be updating the new house (the one we're looking at hasn't been updated since it was built). I also plan on restifying my '75 XS, and getting some more work done toward finishing my restified '72 442 project.

Dan
I almost bought this frame last year to do one but my idea was to do a double hoop ass end and do jackshaft with two pulling chains to two 200 wheels. I did make a KZ1000 trike using a quad rear. Plus I built this CBR600 and use TRX parts and we ran bike next to another bike and got it up to 140 mph before it got crazy so the quad rear did hold up. You just have to mod the ends to fit a 5 bolt pattern. It was a real 1989 chassis that I changed with the TRX front and to my surprise the TRX swingarm fit perfect in the CBR frame.

Attachments

• TRIKE%20333.jpg
    TRIKE%20333.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 168
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 181
  • $(KGrHqJ,!p0E63ZpHW!9BO-j00JRL!--60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!p0E63ZpHW!9BO-j00JRL!--60_57.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 182
  • kaw.jpg
    kaw.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 186
  • cbr.jpg
    cbr.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I have a 1972 xl250 with a blown motor. I had it running for a few short romps, but then it back fired, blew the carb off. has compression. no spark, new coil/cond. I think it snapped a ring. Looking for a kit.
Im hoping the cylinder isn't too bad, hope to just clean it up, new rings, see where it goes. Trying to keep it cheap, as I don't have the title, Its just a old trail bike.

Mocking up my 79 now. Tail is welded on, wheels on it.
Picking up a Harley 16" spoked rear and a spooled 19" front to see which I like better. (Has mags style now)
Will post some pics when I get home after work.
DAMN,,, that VooDoo MK25 hardtail is BADASS looking.

Hey DADDYG,,,,,I will need a harness pretty soon.
Kick start, hi-lo beams, running-lights/rear brake, battery-less with Pamco ignition/charging/cap and horn NO turn signals

If ya need any other info let me know.

Here is a quick phone pic I took after working on it last evening a couple hours.

Attachments

• 0901151918.jpg
    0901151918.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Basic things I need to know for any harness is LIGHTS -HORN -BRAKE SWITCH (just back or both)-IGNITION STOCK- PAMCO-BOYER -ELECTRIC START or KICK ONLY- TURN SIGNALS GAUGES (lights-idiot lights) and the biggie CHARGING SYSTEM-fuse box
I can move or put switches anywhere or supply small box with switches in it.
For you guys overseas I buy the TCB fake tank and install switches and fuse box on that so you save money on shipping. I have also bought TACK SPEEDO HANDLE BAR SWITCHES and send all together to save money on shipping.
I will help where I can
Rich
KEEP CHOPPIN:thumbsup:

Those are both stock XS650 wheels I just had them powder coated.

Attachments

• xs22222.jpg
    xs22222.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 145
  • noid-100_4770.jpg
    noid-100_4770.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 149
  • xs650orange.jpg
    xs650orange.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 139
I just made a deal yesterday for a 1986 883 sporty 1st year evo engine.
We went completely through the engine, transmission & charging system this summer.
Also put points instead of electronic ignition. It has less than 500 miles on engine after rebuild. It is one of my best friends machines we made a trade so no cash exchanged there. :thumbsup: Pix when I get her here.

Attachments

• more phone pix 002.jpg
    more phone pix 002.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Still on the prowl for something, its been slim pickings here for project worthy bikes that have a title. I'd like to do a cafe built around a Yamaha not sure which yet though. The XV920 look really cool but it seems everyone is doing those now. We shall see, deals usually start springing up in a couple months then I'll grab something.

Maybe pull the wireing harness and get rid of unused circuits,wires.

Got a few projects in progress. Goal is to finish up the Honda Cafe and Triumph shortChop this winter. Also make progress on my long term xs650 boardtracker-ish bike.

Render of what I have in mind.

full

Dude you just made my dad LOL
You are building a 400 four or 350 four
Did you ever take out the Xs650 café yet
Be good
Rich
KEEP CHOPPIN

Back