Thomas Racing Service

Westonboege,

I have a powercoil kit for that size thread, if you want to borrow it, I'll be glad to send it you, and you can pay just for the insert and return shipping if you need... Probably cost you less than $10...

Hugh

well, you mentioned before that you don't know what happened to this country... about how you pay for services and if you get screwed it's your own fault, and about how unfair that is.

perhaps the reason for which this country is planning a one way trip down the shitter is because consumers / working class men and women are too afraid to stand up and let it be known when they feel ripped off... maybe?

just some food for thought. blast this mother fucker anywhere you can and let EVERYONE know how he dicked you over.

guy cursed you out? good, make that mother fucker eat those words. next time, record the conversation and post it up.

Posted via Mobile

Small claims will NOT give you your money back... They might reimburse you for the repair parts and labor, but its not a fight worth having...

I have been told this before. That is why these guys keep getting away with it. If it costs a couple of hundred and some time, and you get $500 back it is still worth it to stick it up them and they hurt

The thing that is killing me is that ive been dealing with this for a year now... weekly calls etc. And now im fed up with it and want it out of mind... heh...

But i guess thats how people get away with these things...

Have to file with the BBB and call the credit card company and see if there is anything they can do...

The BBB is a fucking joke. I have a current dispute with a BBB accredited window contractor who ordered the wrong sized windows and destroyed my property to make them fit and expects me to eat the cost of repairs. I filed with the BBB and they acted as a mediator, but found in his favor because he lied on a letter to them. I would blast him on google review of his business and yahoo as well. Then I would make a video, just like I told you before. Shit or get off the pot, take action or get out the thread.

So I spent some time this weekend trying to figure out what to do about the oil sump bolts. Took out the stripped bolts and realized that they only had about 2-3 threads worth of bolt into the case. Probably the reason they stripped out... I ran a tap through the holes and cleaned out any metal. Then replaced with slighly longer bolts and everything tightened up fine. No longer leaking oil there.

I then drained the oil in a pan and changed it. The thing that scared me is that there were metal shavings in the oil. Enough to get your attention. None of what was in the oil looked like stripped threads. These were little metal flakes like gold leaf..

How much oil in the oil is normal after a rebuild? The bike has been making some weird vibrations and almost sounds like it could be knocking..?? Carbs are synched, and lifts are synched.... plugs look dead on... The bike is running great, but the valves seemed to have loosened up so there is some valve noise... Could I be mistaking this for a knock? Sound like its coming from the bottom end, and happens when you first put the engine under load... goes away as the rpm climbs...

Any thoughts??

Im scared to death I have a rod knocking... definately going to be finding out what I can do legally about this.... Bullshit...

Have you Re-Torqued the head, and readjusted the camchain and valves? The reset your timing... That would be my first priority on a newly built engine after a short break in period...

Drag a magnet through your oil, and see if the shavings are Aluminum or not... The drain plugs (if factory) are magnetic, but if they were really clogged up, you won't get it all...

I believe he re-adjusted the valves when the had the motor back fixing the tranny. I havent retorqued the head yet. Do you torque them to factor specs when you re-torque? Or is there a different torque setting for a re-torque? Will check the cam chain tomorrow too, but i checked timing last night and it was good. Has Boyer Brandsen elect. ignition...

Bike has magnetic stock plug... where wasnt anything on the magnet... im assuming the metal is aluminum...

My Thomas motor runs great . Starts first kick everytime . I am going to have a BSA done next . Everybody has bad days . Well except daddy-g he has had a bad year .

Good to see another Rhode Islander... Ill keep them in mind. Currently the motor is with a guy named Paul Bove. Supposed to be one of the best mechs around.

BTW changed the oil and checked the filter.... this was after 30 miles.

Bullshit...

Yami+0010.jpg

http://counterbalancecycles.blogspot.com/

Here we go again. I'm beginning to believe from everything I have had experience with and heard from others that whether its hardtail frames, engine building or complete bike builds, the number of competent, honest shop owners out there who you might consider farming any type of work out to on the XS is damn few.
jefft

Yeah... But its not limited to the xs... Everytime i take any vehicle to get worked on I get screwed.

Ive had this xs problem...

Took my VW Gti into a shop to get a new clutch put in after my roomate destroyed it when i let him drive the car. Got the car back and they put the motor mounts in crooked and didnt hook up the engine ground correctly, so the wires were sparking on the engine... Cost me an extra 300 bucks to get that crap fixed.

I dont know what it is... but it happens all the time it seems... Seems like it maybe people just trying to get the work done and out the door fast to make money... cutting corners in the process.

Either that or all faith in humanity is lost.

Weston, did that motor have new clutch discs?

My filter looked like that after my first 20 or so miles w new fibre plates.

Back