Whoops, missed your post RecycleBill. a two stroke needs a squirt every stroke (360 degrees) where a 4 stroke only needs a squirt every other stroke (720 Degrees). It would be hard to modify the squirts/stroke but the volume per stroke could be changed with pills for mechanical injection and programming with Electronic.

If anyone has ran an Ecotron I'd like to hear how well it works. I might just try it myself since its a complete kit and cheaper than the kit I pieced together.

I've been piecing together parts from a 1500 cc Toyota (2 injectors, oxygen sensor, throttle body, air flow meter, etc.) but making it work will be a long ways off. The electronics are completely over my head.

The following link will take you to a build thread on Do The Ton where a guy is using Electron fuel injection on a Honda CB77 Superhawk. Because it's a build thread you have to wade through all of the updates to pick out the stuff relating to fuel injection but it's an interesting read and he has actually got it to start and idle now. Some quite useful insights within the thread content.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32496.0

Hope somebody finds it useful.

Pixie

Back