Pamco Install and Summit Racing

cshumway

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I Installed my Pamco 14-0911 per instructions last weekend. I didn't have a ton of time, so I haven't done much troubleshooting, but it didn't start. :eek: I have gas, valve clearances set, cam chain adjusted and hopefully it all installed correctly. Anyway I've had a few days to think all about what I may have done wrong, and since my bike isn't at MY house right now, I can't just walk into the garage and look at it and work on it. Tons of hours at work keep me busy and sleepy. So I am wondering if I need different spark plugs with those 5K resistor caps that came with the kit. I've had the bike 1 year and I am not positive right now what type of plugs are in it. I replaced them with the exact ones the PO had in there. Remember this is before I gained all of this knowledge from this wonderful forum. Anyway I just picked up the NGK BPR7EIX from Summit Racing, which I work one mile away from. Could these plugs solve my problem? I have read some threads about the 5K caps and for some reason I can't figure out if I must have these exact resistor plugs too..please clear this up for me. 78 xs650 "O-SO" Special

And if anyone is interested these plugs cost me about 8 dollars each, which is a couple dollars cheaper than mikexs (without shipping costs) So I'd be willing to buy them and ship them out to any members. I am going off the assumption that others are as cheap as I am.

Back