Air compressor. How do you have yours mounted to the floor

I have an initial surge of 28 amp's for a split second. Then it fluctuates around 18 amps +- 1/2 amp. Does this sound ok.

Well, if the motor is rated for 20A at full load, then it should be very happy at 18A under load. The initial inrush current doesn't sound bad at all, as I have seen 6X the running current on start up due to the amount of torque needed to get everything up to speed. That's where all those extra capacitors do their business, sending a huge jolt of power into the windings at start up. I'd say you have it set up spot-on, maybe even running a little under capacity, which is a very good thing for longevity. By the listed specs on that blaster, I would say your machine should handle it ok. I thought maybe you were trying to use a pressure pot or something. Best of luck!

Well, if the motor is rated for 20A at full load, then it should be very happy at 18A under load. The initial inrush current doesn't sound bad at all, as I have seen 6X the running current on start up due to the amount of torque needed to get everything up to speed. That's where all those extra capacitors do their business, sending a huge jolt of power into the windings at start up. I'd say you have it set up spot-on, maybe even running a little under capacity, which is a very good thing for longevity. By the listed specs on that blaster, I would say your machine should handle it ok. I thought maybe you were trying to use a pressure pot or something. Best of luck!

Thank You Sir.

Sound's like I'm ready to "Blast Off". :thumbsup:

I got these bolted to the feet on mine.. They work great..There is no need to bolt them to the floor either.... Mine hasn't moved in 6 years since I put them on there...

m.gif

Question on getting enough flow.

How do you know what quick connectors flow the most air?

I know 3/8 lines are best, but what can you upgrade to make sure you get good flow coming from your tank through the regulator and such?

My 1/2 air gun works poorly on my 5 hp cambell hausfield compressor and I'm thinking it's just the lack of air flow. Have 135 psi pressure.

Not trying to steal this thread, just gets some more valuable info from some obvious experts here.
:D

Question on getting enough flow.

How do you know what quick connectors flow the most air?

I know 3/8 lines are best, but what can you upgrade to make sure you get good flow coming from your tank through the regulator and such?

My 1/2 air gun works poorly on my 5 hp cambell hausfield compressor and I'm thinking it's just the lack of air flow. Have 135 psi pressure.

Not trying to steal this thread, just gets some more valuable info from some obvious experts here.
:D

Don't worry about stealing my thread. :thumbsup: We need this info out there.

I'm still confused about this too. Since the sand blaster I will be using has a 1/4" inlet,, would it do me any good to use a bigger hose. Or once it would hit the 1/4" it's restricted, making the use of a bigger hose useless. :confused:

But.... I'll know in a couple of hours if my set up works. I'm a fixin to go blast me a frame. :gun:

Back