Spending last day with old dog named angus

his hacking isn't as severe, and the other night, he suddenly wanted to wrestle!!:thumbsup:
I also have a 5yr old named daisy, she is quite the opposite of angus. She is the first to go tearing into the woods in hot persuit of the local doe and fawn. Of course, in times of trouble , daisy will attack, wilst angus barks his fool head off on the porch to get us out there.
Ide give hime five years. We will try harder to enjoy his until the time comes. case closed.
back to vroom vroom.

Back to the vet.
His lungs have cleared after a course of broad spectrum anti-biotics, almost a month ago.
He is having terrible sneezing attacks, had two really bad episodes last night. Snot is green. Cant even tell if he is breathing during the attacks . The anti-biotics should have covered this. did not.
Daisy is still fit as a fiddle. Kennel cough is supposedly contagious, daisy is fine, and she love to give him kisses while he sneezes, so she should have gotten whatever he has.
Angus has an appt. at 4 today.

Hi Angus,
Hopefully your Angus' sneezing got fixed.
Yeah BTDT.
Judy mixed breed age 4, cellphone yakking bitch in a jeep didn't even stop.
Spike, terrier age 7, got into the T-bone pile at a neighborhood BBQ and ate herself to death.
Mia, husky-shepherd cross, age 18. Old age under the Christmas tree.
Jewel, husky-shepherd cross, age 14. back end paralysis. Had to bring the vet in to euthenize her.
Gotta love 'em but we are cured of dogs.
We've said that when our 10 year old cat finally passes and the tropicals go belly up we are gonna be pet free.
Then last week we found a stray calico kitten in our back yard.
Ah well.

well...we have figured this particular vet is a tad clueless. When we asked him if there is any k9 specific pain reliever, or de-congestant, he said no. use a childs med.
While we were at a pet section of wally world, what did we find? k9 pain reliever and de-congestant. So we ran a few courses of de-cong. thru him. He is much better now. No globs of snot flying around, more playfull, we haven't given him anything for a month now. Still has occasional cough that ends in a couple hacks.
Still has a few large lumps here and there, but they don't hurt when I squeeze them, so? at 13 yrs old, with minimal vet care, Im sure he will be around for at least another five years.
Fred, sorry for all those loses. A friend of mine had a dog get into a hi-ratio batch of fish fertilizer. When he got home, poor thing was sweating blood.
I had a overweight german shepherd, retired from police work, back in the 70's, I was about 7-8, slowly Paralyzed from hip back. We saw it coming. im still sad to think of how long we waited before he was totally paralyzed, and dad took him out back. rip Moses

Fred, sorry for all those losses.

Hi Angus,
perhaps I should have mentioned that it took over 30 years for us to lose those four dogs.
Great that all it took to fix the sneezehound was a trip to Walmart.
Meanwhile our new calico kitten is into us $300 for shots and spaying and the older cat has started ralphing up her dinner on a regular basis.
We hope that switching her to geriatric cat food in small portions twice a day will improve matters.
It never ends, eh?

fred, we feed both cats and dogs "4 health" good stuff. We had a hairball cat, and it stopped. He has his hair back now.

Back