XS2 manufacture month/year

tjon

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have an XS2 with frame/engine number S650-104086, is there someone on this forum who knows when the bike was manufactured month/year, the sticky white label on the frame steering head is gone.

Thanks!

tjon you must be from England. Your MOT bureaucrats are the only ones who seem to care about goofy crap like that. Your bike is about 4000th off the line they usually change models about June so tell em Dec of 1971 use this chart for back up. That should mollify em but reason and bureaucrats seldom travel together. You start letting little things go by and soon the empire crumbles, Oops too late on that one.

No, from Sweden, and it´s not a government thing, it´s just for my own curiosity.
I am considering to make a manufacturer sticker that looks like original and put it on my XS2, I have an XS1 with the sticker so I sure know how it looks, just wan´t to confirm the manuf date of my XS2, I think it would be aug or sept 1971? Someone who has an XS2 near my number and still have that sticker left, maybe can give that info?

Attached is a manufacture label of my XS1.

Here is a list of some XS production month/date:

S650-000520 10/69
S650-003864 5/70
S650-003929 5/70
S650-005114 6/70

Anyone who knows more about the XS2, production date?

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 125
tjon if you succeed in producing a sticker for your XS2, How would you feel about making one for me. I have another XS2 frame that has the sticker on it. I will take a look at the MFG date and serial number on it.

I must find the right reflective material to print on. Anyway here is a outcast on how it could look like.

Attachments

• XS2label.jpg
    XS2label.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 141
Back