miss fire until warm

Karlos

XS650 Member
Reaction score
last few times on first startup bikes missfiring badly on one side I think then after one or two minutes ok. and ok for rest of day then! thinking coil on way out but why work when warm! new mufflers 6weeks ago carb mix but why 6weeks later,the mix seemed fine to rich! I rewired the lot 3weeks ago and altenator not charging battery yet got to sort the wiring mistake for that and,why again 3weeks after rewire! any ideas please?

Could be that the petcock and float valve or it's o-ring if there is one is leaking overnight and filling the bowl. It wouldn't misfire because it was cold, but would until it cleared itself up some. Also, on my bike low gas level will make it do strange things. The first sign I need to switch to reserve is often misfiring and stuff when I fire it up in the morning. Although I have no gas leaks that I know of....

Maybe the choke feed jet on that misfiring side is plugged or partially plugged. That would stop the choke from functioning on that cylinder, or make it not work as much as it should.

Back