Alto 8 pack clutch kits

With the eight-pack and Hydraulic Clutch finding neutral is a problem of the past, along with clutch adjustments. I am very satisfied. This surely how Yamaha should have set up the clutch.

Posted via Mobile

Installed the eight pack clutch in my bike. Works really well, no more slipping. It has a very positive feel to it. Makes it much easier to pull wheelies.
Thanks Clayton

This is starting to make me think that the 'elusive neutral' issue may have a lot to do with clutch plate composition material. Ancient OEM plates were generally of cork/fibre composition, which was known for sticktion, swelling, burning, and the need for overnight oil-soak before install. When I switched over to race-type Barnett plates, with the different composition, those issues changed, and neutral was easier to find.

Ippy, didn't you have some tech info on the new composition used on your new plates?

I don't have any specific information as to the friction material composition but Alto states that it is designed to meet or exceed all OEM specifications. From what I can tell it is a paper/fiber material and as far as I have found it indeed does exceed the OEM plates in regards to performance. Now I can't say for certain if it is the additional surface area of the clutch due to the additional friction plate or the material composition but I can say that it cured my ongoing battle with clutch slippage in the upper rpm range. I believe that of the 2 offerings I have the hydraulic clutch, which gives a greater amount of pressure plate movement and more separation of the friction and steel plates, has more to do with the much easier finding of neutral but then again the different friction material may be a contributing factor.

I don't want to put out any claims that I don't know for a fact so I am just being completely honest and forthcoming with all of the information I have on these products/services.

Clayton

P.S. If anyone wants to have a look at the material look at Alto website.

Bringing this back to the top. I have kits in stock and ready to ship. Let's hear some feedback from those who have installed these, I know I am very happy with the performance of the ones I am running. I have about 2000 miles on them and have zero issues. How about it users, are you satisfied with the quality and price of these?

Hey man, shot you an email about clutch cover and am also interested in an alto kit. Hit me up so we can get the process started.

Back from vacation but I am going to be relocating back to the west coast in about a month so I am going to put these on hold for a little while. I currently have 4 Alto 8-pack clutch kits in stock and when they are gone that will probably be it for a little while (3-6 months) until I get settled in. As always Thanks for everyones support and previous business. I will be "off the grid" driving for about a week starting around 6/8 but as soon as we get to our new home I will be able to check back in and try to be of assistance.

Clayton

Well, I'm needing one too, my clutch is toast as well as the driven hub and springs. I'm going to send a spare to spedspeed for his magic basket, one of your 8 packs, and maybe a hydraulic conversion.

Good luck on the move!

Well, I'm needing one too, my clutch is toast as well as the driven hub and springs. I'm going to send a spare to spedspeed for his magic basket, one of your 8 packs, and maybe a hydraulic conversion.

Good luck on the move!

Thank for the well wishes and I will post back here when I have clutch plates in stock.

Clayton

Back