82 xs650 Heritage Special

Lgcolddrink

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I am new to the forum and looking at getting my first xs. I found a decent looking one on Craigslist but wasn't sure what Heritage Special means. I searched around best I could to try and find some info but didn't have any luck. What are the differences in the Heritage Special versus the regular models? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie question.

Heritage Specials were the 82-84 models. 82 being black and 83/84 chromed.
Depending on what you are wanting to do it may be the one you are wanting.
For a daily rider great. If you are wanting a cafe street track bike you may want to look for one of the standards 69-79. If you are wanting a bobhop the specials may fit the bill.
The reasoning, the placement of the top shock mount.
Be aware not many like the bazillion spoke look of the Heritage so ......... replacement wheels are an extra cost. Although I've seen some nice painted ones.
Also be aware that MANY CL ads are, ahh misleading, so many of the parts can be mixed and matched. Is it an American, Canadian, or UK model they are all alittle different

You should put your location in your profile. Someone might offer you one, but don't want to start a long distance thing.

John

Back