My Bobber Build thread!!

Lee Harvey Griswold

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings fellas, Just wanted to share a few pictures of where Im currently at on my build! The bike started out as an 81 which is what you'll see in the first picture! Picked it up from a guy for 800 bones with Title, running very rough and sometimes not at all! Gave the carbs some love and she fired right up on the first kick! Rode it around for damn near three months and decided to get to work on it! The ever present rains in the NW sure helped to make life a little easier to tear apart a running bike! Anyways have a look where Im at with it! Gonna get the rear fender, seat, kickstand mounted, and have a set of pipes on order from Mr Scott thats going to grace this bike aswell!! Many more pics soon to follow, and sorry for the quality they were all taking with my phone! One of these days I'll remember to grab the real camera!

Peace and Grease,

LHG

yamaha.jpg

yammy.jpg

xs.jpg

yamahy.jpg

650.jpg

sixfitty.jpg

Thanks for the replies fellas, did a quick mock up last nite! And I know its been done before but love the looks of the sporty tanks and Im not sure Im gonna run the drag bars just wanted to see what it will look like! Got my steering bearings comming soon and a set of curved drags from Gordon Scott! Thanks for all your help guys, and have a look at where she sits!!

650-1.jpg

don.jpg

LHG

You are one of very few who actually rode the bike before cutting it up. Lots of people who have never even rode a bike before, get a bike, chop it up, get together after months and lots of money then find out the engines shot.
My compliments to you on doing it right.

Thanks XSLeo, To be honest with ya, it was a hard decision to cut it up! But like you said I wanted to make damn sure the engine was running tip top before tear down! And after tearing her apart back in April I thought riding season was just around the corner!! But its been raining almost everyday out here, so I really wouldnt wanna be riding anyway!! Guess this horrible spring has been working out in my favor!!!:shrug::bike:

LHG

Back