Who Rode Today

30 F seems a little chilly but hope you had a nice ride. 8 C or 46 F here today, but one would have to be crazy to try riding in Calgary today, as there is snow all over the streets, and the water spray would be like Niagra Falls:eek:

When I was young I used to ride through anything, rain, sleet, snow... I was dumb. I'm amazed I survived. But any day the sun is out and I can get away from work I ride. Thankfully, our snow usually melts same day. But I have been thinking about a bigger fairing...

I went home for lunch and rode the bike back to work. Now it's freezing again. Come on Spring!

Bill, remember the big snow storms that hit the entire east coast in 1979? Dover got 12 inches and I rode from Dover to home in North Carolina. My gloves froze to the handlebars and slush packed my legs like on the fenders of a 50 Ford. When I stopped I had to break ice off my legs before I could lift them off the bike.

And the bridge across the bay on US301-- A Maryland State Trooper actually blocked traffic for me. Going up, just a little wheel spin, down the other side... I'll not do that again-- ever.

But hey, I was 22, had a hard-on for a waitress in Dover and was riding a new Hog.

These days, I see a flake and the bikes go in the shed.

You were 22 and I was 3. LOL.
I do remember my uncle in '83 during a huge storm leaving his bike on the side of the road. He dug it out a few days later. He is a nut. His answer to riding in snow is to drag your feet. He rides everywhere at anytime. He took 3 months in 1968 and traveled the U.S. on a '55, I think, late 50's, Triumph hard-tail. He makes you want to ride. He smells like jet fuel and punching.

I do remember my uncle in '83 during a huge storm leaving his bike on the side of the road. He dug it out a few days later. He is a nut. His answer to riding in snow is to drag your feet. He rides everywhere at anytime. He took 3 months in 1968 and traveled the U.S. on a '55, I think, late 50's, Triumph hard-tail. He makes you want to ride. He smells like jet fuel and punching.

Sounds like someone I'd like to know.

1/4" of snow will flip you faster than ummmm....Bruce Lee. But maybe deep snow ruts support the bike. I doubt it. Caught in sticking snow would mean park and start walking to me.

Don't get me started on my story of when I picked up my '82 BMW R-100....

I'd hate to smell a punch, probably similar to blood?

1/4" of snow will flip you faster than ummmm....Bruce Lee. But maybe deep snow ruts support the bike. I doubt it. Caught in sticking snow would mean park and start walking to me.

What I did at 22 and what I'm willing to do at 54 are very different things as I'm sure you understand. :laugh:

I was missin' my baby. Put a spot of gas in her and ran her around the area. I was getting the craziest looks and people were actually coming out of their houses to see what the hell "sounded like a motocycle". Haha

It is finally decent enough here to be outside. I shoveled the rest of the slush off of my driveway and decided to go for a spin. Unfortunately, I only went 5 miles into the country and back because I started to miss. She has fresh gas and the carbs were rebuilt 50 miles ago. I pulled the plugs and they are looking pretty black. My wires and boots need to be replaced. I wonder if that's the problem. Oh well, that 5 miles was outstanding. It leaves me thirsting for Spring so I can really rack up the miles!

Back