RH throttle cable

Thom

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I can't find a RH throttle cable for my '72 XS2. Mike's has the lefthand but not the right. What's the difference? Can I use two LH cables as the old one ain't bad? The RH's missing. I anticipate lower bars on it, if that helps, as I suspect the difference is in length.

Thanks.

Try your local yamaha dealer. Yambits in the UK have LH and RH. http://yambits.co.uk/advanced_searc...hrottle+cable&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0 so they must be available still.

It seems logical on this basis to try local dealers first off as others charge for postage and packing as they are shipping just your bits. A Yamaha dealer will get a large shipment spreading the cost amongst other customers. You'll proabably have to wait but its worth asking and comparing price. I had the same problem but got cables made up for me using my old bits.

The dirrence is not just length but the fitment at the throttle end where they terminate in two chrome tubed ends which fit around each other. (at least it was for mine - xs650b)

Hope this helps

Dave

If you look at the pics closely, you will see that the round bit of steel that holds the cable into the throttle housing. They have a flat side. The left and right have the flat on opposite sides.
Leo

Back