Paint color

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting close to finishing this bike. I'm painting the tank, electric box, and rear fender candy apple green. As for the frame I don't know, what would go well with candy apple green?:shrug: NO YELLOW! Yellow is too obvious, it's the last resort.

Teebs, that comes out of a can? Have you tried it? That's awesome. I think I just found my paint. Funny thing is that's who I was buying the candy green from. But I seen it on a different site. Crap, now I don't know which way to go. :banghead:

I was thinking silver too. It does goes whith everything.

I haven't tried it, but I've talked to guys at a few shows who have and they say it's great and their bikes look awesome. I used to airbrush and can-paint when I was a kid, so I'm not worried about the results. What about crazing the frame with dark greens and going with a solid candy green on the tins? Or you could craze in different shades of gray/silver...

I go crazy with these ideas. There are so many options to try. It can get expensive, but the results are worth it. If you take your time you can end up with what looks like a $1500+ paint job for $150 or so. I can't wait to get to the point where I'm ready to paint.

What is crazer? i just read about it but still not sure. Is it just spraypaint? is it a one part system? has anyone found metallic spray paint. I have a metallic blue open face and was wondering if there is a spray paint that will produce similar resluts?

I'm guessing by "metallic" that you mean "metal flake"? The bigger the flakes of metal, the more difficult it is to spray and the more expensive it is to have done. You won't find much in a spray can because the nozzle is too small to allow the flake to pass through it. There is a product by Duplicolor called "Metal Specks" that comes in a clear paint with silver specks, that can be applied over any color to give a metal flake look. It also comes in a few other colors.
If you're talking actual "metallic" paint, you can find some colors at your hardware or auto parts stores, Home Depot etc. You can use a metallic silver and spray over it with a blue clear to get a blue metallic. Their are a bunch of different combinations just in cheap Walmart/Home Depot paints you can try out. Go crazy.
For crazing with Killer Cans Crazer you lay down the paint and then apply a texture to it. It creates a marbling effect. You can use cling wrap, sponges, anything with a pattern and apply it to the wet paint, causing it to marble in the patterns you have made. Very cool stuff.

Back