xs650b Wiring Question

Pennies Earned

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am almost finished putting the new wiring harness in. I have 9 wires left. I have a pink and brown which I'm pretty sure go to the horn which doesn't exist on my bike (yet). Two others which are the ones pictured with the two arrows pointing to them on the left. Pretty sure these go to the harness diode, my question with this is if they do go to the diode, is it the correct one because the diode wires are different colors than that of the harness.
motorsickle005.jpg

motorsickle021.jpg

Now the other 5 wires that are put into the connector and pointed out in the picture with the arrow on the right, I am confused with. Where does this connect?

- diode...white black to blue white, black to blue red
- connector block looks like the right handlebar switches

I thought that was correct with the diode, just wanted to make sure. I dont believe that the connector block connects to the right handlebar switches but I could be wrong. I dont have my switches connected yet but I do believe all of the wiring has already been ran into the headlight bucket that needs to be. Also, I don't believe on the xs650b right handlebar switch that it comes with a connecter, more so individual male ends.

- red-white and brown go to kill switch, yellow-red to ign, blue-black to left handlebar high-low switch, blue-red to tail light,main switch and meter lights...this is normally the right hand handlebar wiring block

I think the connector would go to a turn signal canceling unit that the 75's didn't have.

- although the indicator cancelling unit usually has yellow-red, yelow-green, white-green, black, brown wires

- red-white and brown go to kill switch, yellow-red to ign, blue-black to left handlebar high-low switch, blue-red to tail light,main switch and meter lights...this is normally the right hand handlebar wiring block

This connector does not reach into the headlight bucket where the right handlebar wiring connects. I'm not looking at the bike right now but I know there is a similar connector that comes from either the right handlebar switch or the gauges(pretty sure it comes from the gauges, and I cant remember what color the wires are) that meet up with the main harness and are connected.The right handlebar switch as well as the rest of the bike are fully connected now. I am having an issue with gauge lights turning on and the rear driving light coming on(brake light does work when pedal is pressed). Does anyone have a link to what part may connect to this or a picture or even what this may be?

On both the 75's I had it didn't hook to anything. It's possible that it was used on models that were not sent here, just on models for europe or asia.

Back