Polished wheels

swbill

Slacker garage shop
Reaction score
Anyone ever completely strip and polish mag wheels on a XS?. I just buffed and polished the outter bead on mine and it looks real nice. Thinking about stripping and doing the whole mag.

I can't help you with mag wheels, I have spoke wheels on my bike. As long as you got enough patience and time to do it, you will be able to do it. I polished both side covers on my engine, valve covers, breather, front forks, both hubs and I'm not sure if I will do it again for another bike. It's a long process. You just need to take your time and do it the right way.

I'm sure that mags must look very good all polished. Post a pic if you decided to do them.

I think polishing the whole wheel would prove to be difficult. The casting is very rough, and smoothing it would be a BITCH. But, if you got the time, go for it.

Well actually I have buddy the owns a commercial buffing company. I was thinking about seeing what he could do with them.

Prepare to do A LOT of sanding first to take care of that rough casting. Thought about it on mine, but I wouldn't't have the patience. Parts that are already smooth are a bitch enough.

Back