some wiring diagrams

Ok man I'm a running in crazy I suck at wiring! Thanks for all the diagrams for sure. I have a 78 xs650 canadian model. Getting the wiring all weeded down on the scoot for just what I need. I am only running a headlight, tail/brake, starter. Now I have been thinking this diagram below is the easiest to go off, but it shows the reg/rect as one and on mine they are seperate. So can I wire them up seperate? Do I need to use the nylon screws? Also when I took off the starter relay there was another relay right by it of some sort wired into it with a plug? Do I need to be running that realay as well or no? Sorry for all the questions but anyhelp would be awesome.
noid-chopperwiringdiagram1.jpg

- if you look at this diagram, it gives you the option of separate rec-reg or combined rec-reg, points ign or TCI, e-start or no e-start...just swap the appropriate box into the main diagram

xs650allyears.jpg

- you can remove the safety relay ... cap the yellow wire from the alternator and wire the solenoid directly from the starter button...the safety relay cuts power to the solenoid once the alternator is spinning fast enough to produce enough current

Top one is power outlet for attaching battery charger or ?. Bottom one is the brush assembly for the alternator.

I agree with that, there ought to be a few diagrams specifically for the PAMCO. I for one would be very interested in them...

If you look at page 1 there are a few, pamcos the easy part to wire lol.

Do you guys use stock battery cables?(big red and black ones) or can you down size to say 14 gauge from the terminals to switch?

If you are not using the starter you can use lighter wire. If you are using the starter you need the heavy cables to carry the current the starter needs.

Do you have to unground the stator still when you're running an electronic ignition system like a PAMCO? INXS do you have a specific thread on your batteryless system? That sounds pretty interesting

hey im looking for a wiring diagram for a 82' xs650 special II kick start only no battery any one have what im looking for? i am not savy with electronics but i can follow a diagram very well

- you wont be able to go batteryless with the stock alternator...you will need to convert to a 3 phase permanant magnet alternator like from a banshee or rd etc

- also you will need either points ign or some other cam based ignition system-like a pamco
- i got most of my bits from ebay...no bike dismantlers around here...if you do this and go batteryless, make absolutely sure the rec-reg you use is in good order-esp if using a pamco
adapter​
3 phase stator...103 x 42 x 20mm eg rd-rz-vfr500​
rd-rz-banshee rotor...if you use a woodruff key you will need to modify the one that comes with the rotor​
high revving late model sportsbike rec-reg​
capacitor...min 10000uF, 25V, screw type is better​
cam based ign system eg points or pamco​
if you originally have electronic ign you will also need the advance mechanism that fits through the cam​

do I have to unground the stator with a standard TCI ignition if I want to run a modified wiring diagram setup? Thanks, Mark

Back