bearings?

malc

XS650 Member
Reaction score
can anybody tell me .if any of the bearings on my 81 has plastic / nylon parts in them holding the balls apart or are they metal...crank.gearbox clutch etc as ive got large white plastic in oil many thanks...

if it smokes on deceleration especially it could be your valve seals perhaps. I can't think of any other white in these engines...some aftermarket seals are a white nylon like material..
How "large" are these pieces?

IIRC, none of the bearings in my '75 have plastic cages, though that could have changed by '81. Like mouser, I can't think of any white plastic bits in the engine either.

The only "Plastic" parts inside the engine are black. The cam chain guides and the the gears in the starter drive line.
The front cam chain guide as it fails is long strips at first and then later smaller pieces.
The starter gears "plastic "parts fail in very small particles.
White stuff may be from a sillycone sealer used by a PO.
Leo

many thanks for your input. ive just been going though this again.
as the white bits was in the second filter housing case .im going to remove sump filter .and open the filter up. the filter i put in was an original old stock filter .im going to see if the suports where the three bolts go through are plastic or steel .im hoping they are white plastic and damaged as the bits must have gone through the oil pump many thanks

Back