getting the video in the post

When you get the video up on Youtube, on the address bar up top, there is the whole http://www.------.
At the end of this address you will see the "=" then a bunch of numbers and letters.
Example:
Now highlight and copy the last set of characters after the "=" sign: vrX0OdElsU4
Then click the "youtube" link button (which is on the "Reply Post" when you "Go Advanced")
and YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE will come up.
Now paste the characters between the YOUTUBE]PASTE HERE[/YOUTUBE.

When you get the video up on Youtube, on the address bar up top, there is the whole http://www.------.
At the end of this address you will see the "=" then a bunch of numbers and letters.
Example:
Now highlight and copy the last set of characters after the "=" sign: vrX0OdElsU4
Then click the "youtube" link button (which is on the "Reply Post" when you "Go Advanced")
and YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE will come up.
Now paste the characters between the YOUTUBE]PASTE HERE[/YOUTUBE.

thanks bill :thumbsup:

Everyting I try, I can't get the youtube icon to come up. I even switched editor modes.

Kinda mute point now though. I was able to figure it out by Bills explanation. I just looked at where he left off the wraps around youtube.

I'd still like to know why I don't see the icon though.

CalXS2,

So your editor looks like this minus the youtube icon?

youtube.jpg

Cal the "this" is the picture if I am following correctly.
He wants to know if your you tube icon is gone like "this" picture.

Attachments

• editor.png
    editor.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 269
I've seen the youtube icon before a long time ago. But yes. It's gone now.

What's really bothering me is I don't see his picture. And I am logged in. :confused:

Attachments

• 20141125_051318[1].jpg
    20141125_051318[1].jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 269
See. No youtube icon. And I ckicked on advanced, and switched editor mode.

But I kinda figure out what the problem is. It's firefox. Here I am running firefox and it's not there.

On a hunch I switched to internet explore. And it's there.

What up with that. Any ideas.

Attachments

• 20141125_053435[1].jpg
    20141125_053435[1].jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 240
This is with internet explore. And I can see his picture too.

Attachments

• 20141125_054233[1].jpg
    20141125_054233[1].jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 247
A google search revealed the problem.

I'm running ad block plus. It's blocking Travis's picture and the youtube icon.

I'm glad you figured it out! I can sort of understand why you didn't see the picture I posted since it's not hosted on XS650.com, but I don't understand why the youtube picture would be blocked. It sounds like you're probably missing out on a lot of pictures people post on the site because of your ad blocker.

Back