MikesXS Clutch Needle bearing

Viper

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of my bottom end rebuild I purchased a new clutch needle bearing from mikes.

I must admit, it's superior quality, and amount of rollers compared to the original is impressive!

Mikes sends a clutch thrust washer and says to use it with the ones already in place. I checked all the used washers clearances. (there's two of them, and they were right on spec). after putting the washer, bearing, and thrust washer in place, there isn't any extra space for another washer. It is then completely level with the sleeve in the center of the clutch gasket. If the extra bearing was added as per mike's instructions, I'd have a bearing flopping around the shaft.

Again, I'm just sharing my two cents. I would hate to see someone have damaged their clutch housings because of mike's recommendations.

http://xs650temp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sprocket&action=display&thread=10250&page=1

I'm pretty impressed with mike's clutch screw kit. Looks nice instead of those original screws, and they're hex!

I don't know what to tell you about mike's instructions, but it's nice to see a good review about products once in a while. :thumbsup:

I think Mike's adds the washer because they somtimes where either forgot at the factory or were lost since then.

Back