power on reminder

angus67

Welder's penetrate deeper!!
Reaction score
Photo090221061-vi.jpg

hey, guys, picked this up at a garage sale awhile ago, its one of those, " you left your headlights on, stupid" buzzers. it looked to be from the 70's, maybe sixty's.
It came on a card, blister pack, and the card got wet, before I read the istructions. anybody know how to wire this? thought Ide use it for main power, since i'm using toggles, no key.
it says pentatech inc. valdosta georgia. patent 3,898,612.
The black is ground, gives loud buzz if I put the red wire to power, small buzz if I put the yellow to power.
just thought it would be nice to have a " you left your power on, stupid" reminder.
google turned up nothing. al gore=fail:laugh:

I have one just like it! Kidding.

Try connecting both to +12 and see if there's no buzz. If there isn't then connect one to the light and one to something that's on when the ignition is on. Then you'll get a buzz when only one is connected. I.e. lights on and ign. sw. off.

Or...look up the patent number in the free patent database. Might tell exactly how it works.

excellent idea. came right up.according to this..... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_add_a_head_light_buzzer I hook the black to ground, red to power, and yellow to a switch that would ground out, causing the buzz. I think a kick stand switch would foot the bill, since you use the kickstand everytime you leave your bike. if you didnt, you'd need more that a reminder!!
unfotunately, I see no way to have a switch down there. I guesse I could use a brakelight switch down there. might be more involved than first thought....would be nice though. hate to come out of a bar with the last flickering of a headlight fading out at you, eh?

My key won't come out unless the switch is off, and there's no separate headlight switch. If you need a kickstand switch to wire in, post '81 bikes are fitted with one as you know.

didnt know that. looking at the washer that goes between the bolt and kick stand, the oval with a small hole, I have a old brake switch I could put there. my bike is a 80, and the frame was hardtailed, and smoothed out. I dont remember a mount for a switch down there. no matter. alittle'zap-zap' with my welder will mount something no doubt.
Im not using the key switch for powre, its only to be used for fork lock.
take alook at my biuld thread.
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183

You could use the kick stand switch as your light switch, no box necessary. Stand up, light, stand down, no light.

Back