Bobber

Whoa... really? That's a pretty vague question. I guess is depends on what you consider a bobber and what look you're going for. Do you have any pictures of the look you're trying to achieve? That might be a start.

Or are you asking "What do you guys consider a typical bobber to be, and what would I need to remove from the frame to make my XS650 into one?"

BTW, welcome to the forum!

like travis said it depends on the look you want ,it could be any type ,i think as long as you like the end product thats all that matters,welcome to the forum:D

I say if your going rigid(weld on hard tail) talk to the shop your buying the kit from(tcbros,Kansas kustoms) they will be able to help you out on where to cut the frame so you dont end up short...

I cut it twice..and its still to short!!

What would you consider to be a bobber with an xs,as the original bobbers were harleys with all the weight cut off them to try and keep up with triumphs,an xs bobber could only be like the brat style of bike,which again is like a follow on from what I would term a lowrider,still got suspension, without suspension it would be a chop or chopper,or perhaps I'm to old for these new terminoligys.
there seems to be no discrepency in the terms, cafe racer and flat tacker but a huge discepency in the terms bobber chopper and lowrider although you don't very often hear lowrider anymore,unless it's a car.

...? bobber chopper and lowrider ?...

- gotta agree with you jay - these are a little grey - although it seems according to your arguement that the ultimate bobber would be a flattracker as thats really where this rivalry came together...

- if you put these together in a venn diagram what would all that mish mash in the crossover zones be? - clopper? chubber? blow rider? chlobber?

Back