Build Your Own Springer Forks

BigJimmyW13

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Might be of interest to some people here. John Brain's How to on building springer forks.

How-to

I know he's building them for bicycles, but really there wouldn't be that much of a change for motorcycles.

Lol oh come on Gordon. I'm not talking about using this verbatim. I'm talking about using it as a guide. If I ended up doing it though I would be doing it with a 2 under in mind. So it's not like there would be much stress if I did...

Lol oh come on Gordon. I'm not talking about using this verbatim. I'm talking about using it as a guide. If I ended up doing it though I would be doing it with a 2 under in mind. So it's not like there would be much stress if I did...
:laugh: I know you were not talking "verbatim" I was just having fun with ya :wink2:

When I was about 13 dad and I (dad mostly) built a mini bike out of mild steel tube, buddy banged a wall with it, forks smoothly bent back with a nice radius bend till the front wheel contacted the engine. The engine went back on the roto tiller.

Gary, it wasn't the engine's fault... :) Poor thing demoted back to work and no more fun becuase your buddy hit a wall. :laugh:

No clutch, no brakes. throttle was a slide lever between my knees what could go wrong? Wonder if the old man was trying to get rid of me? Later he said I couldn't get a car but a motorcycle was OK.
Thinking might have been along the lines of: OK if he kills himself but I don't want a pregnant girl showing up at my door......

Back