Got some more ground clearance!!

shreveport1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I did'nt build my frame,and truthfuly I don't know who did!! :wtf: I bought it from a guy off Craigslist along with the Bobber I rode home for $1,600.00 bucks...his idea of repair was duct tape and bailing wire!! LOL well who ever built the frame had no intension of ever riding it...it only had 2" of ground clearance,so I got there last Monday and opened up the lower slots in the frame so my axle would fit and relocated the rear brake caliper,and while i was at I trimmed the rear fender down to be more of abrace than actual fender..:D what do yall think??

Attachments

• ground clearance 002.jpg
    ground clearance 002.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 321
  • ground clearance 005.jpg
    ground clearance 005.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 323
  • ground clearance 007.jpg
    ground clearance 007.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 327
  • ground clearance 006.jpg
    ground clearance 006.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 297
Looks like it did the trick for clearance! Not sure about the fender.

You keeping the frame red?

Looks like it did the trick for clearance! Not sure about the fender.

You keeping the frame red?
Oh yea i'm going to tear it all back down and repaint it red again once i'm finished....i jumped the gun because i was excited about having another bike to build and painted it to soon... my brother painted it for me at his shop..oh and i'm gonna go down to the Bolt shop and get all new hard ware for the final assembly.. oh yea and he cleared the tank for me so I can leave it bare!! :D

Attachments

• frame painted tank cleared 012.jpg
    frame painted tank cleared 012.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 281
  • frame painted tank cleared 015.jpg
    frame painted tank cleared 015.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 284
  • frame painted tank cleared 019.jpg
    frame painted tank cleared 019.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 281
-Looks like that should work, is that an 18" on the back? really like the exhaust between the frame rails and its a good option for ground clearance issues.

-Sounds like you crabbed her up for a good price.

-oh, and dont ever underestimate duct tape. Not to steal your thread bit this is a before and after bear attack.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 302
-Looks like that should work, is that an 18" on the back? really like the exhaust between the frame rails and its a good option for ground clearance issues.

-Sounds like you crabbed her up for a good price.

-oh, and dont ever underestimate duct tape. Not to steal your thread bit this is a before and after bear attack.

OMG!! LMFAO!!! I would not fly in that Plane!! :laughing: You would have to tranqualize me like they did Mr.T on the A-Team!! :rock::smoke::D

You would fly the shit out of that plane if you were stuck in the NWT (north west territories) in the middle of summer. The black flies a insane (really! its hard to breath).

Dude I know what your saying..... I've used a shoelace to get home and drove a car 71 miles with the right front bearing completely GONE ..only brake was the emergency brake!! so yea I understand where your coming from....you got to get home!! YOU GOT TO GET HOME!! :D

I like the nice sidestand! BTW, All old plane's used canvas to cover the airframe's. On the wing's,too. What made them stiff was the application of Laquere.(?)

I like the nice sidestand! BTW, All old plane's used canvas to cover the airframe's. On the wing's,too. What made them stiff was the application of Laquere.(?)
Vice Grip's Baby!! got to Love Em!! I still ain't flying in no Duct Tape Plane fuck the flies and all the rest of the Bug's and snakes....i'm walkin!! LOL :wtf: :D

Not any old pro here but I think that frame origanates from an old harley or something like that because the seat post is tilled back to accommodate a V-twin.

oh ya and the Vice Grips rock (unless there a cheap copy ) in that case you have already found that out the hard way. (and you no exactly how much your bike weighs)

Not any old pro here but I think that frame origanates from an old harley or something like that because the seat post is tilled back to accommodate a V-twin.
You nailed it!! :thumbsup: I can't beleive i did'nt see that myself!! :doh: This whole time i've been thinking the guy that built this frame realy Sucked!! LOL I feel like dumbass!! LOL :laugh:

you gonna plate the old axle slots for strength?:shrug:looks like you got a good progect going there:thumbsup::cheers:
Yea I got to do something with em...I'm thinking about just starting over with the stock frame and puting a tc hardtail kit on it..I could sell the springer and cover the cost... :umm:

I think I might just keep the harley frame and get an engine for it some day...I was thinking I might just do a Brat style chop with the stock frame...that way i would have Good brakes and rear suspension.. i think my belly cowl exhaust would look realy cool on the brat bike... :bike:

Attachments

• 18-11 Brat Style XS650-1.jpg
    18-11 Brat Style XS650-1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 272
I'm going out there in the shop now to power wash the frame and clean it with some acid ,and make a couple of cut's on the rear fender support.. :smoke:

by "a couple of cuts" do you mean hack the whole ass end off since you're hardtailing it?

Wait a minute.... you changed your mind and are keeping the swinger.

Better not do anything too drastic incase you change your mind again!! :laugh:

Hope you don't cut the rear hoop off then decide you want to restore the bike! :D :jk:

Back