Flap wheels for head porting/clean up

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Where can I find bits like these?
Bits.jpg

The ones on the right are mostly what I'm interested in; 3/8" flap wheels and a scotchbrite wheel.
I'm wanting to do a little mild clean up work on a head and these would be perfect. BUT.....I can't find them anywhere. Searched all over ebay, went to a couple of websites reccommended on the thread I stole the pic from, etc.
I want these to fit a Dremel tool and they need to be fairly small to fit into the ports.

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'm missing something....I've yet to see the tapered bits like he has. The ones that look sorta cone shaped. Or are those just worn down flap wheels?
I'd like some with the tapered and rounded tips to get into tight places.

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'm missing something....I've yet to see the tapered bits like he has. The ones that look sorta cone shaped. Or are those just worn down flap wheels?
I'd like some with the tapered and rounded tips to get into tight places.

Looking at the pics, I suspect that they're worn-down flaps. If you really need a smaller or different shape, you can trim down the flaps with shears before use.

the welding shop by my house has a whole row of different flap wheels, wire wheels, grinding stones etc. etc. may be worth a shot to check a place like that out.

Back