Mike's Miniature Speedometer

tonyc

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Hello people. I am in need of some help. I am making a dash for my project to mount the speedometer and tachometer. I need to remove the speedometer re-set knob for the odometer and I apparently do not know how. I tried turning it the opposite direction but it just spends. If anyone has knowledge please share. Thanks TC

Did you pick up the 2.25" dia? Mechanical (cable driven)?
The 1.9" looks like it comes without the knob... anyone know?

To bad there isnt a 1.25" speedo and tach out there, I would love to put them in the holes where my handlebars attached to the tree. I think that would look great

Anyone ever seen it done? any pictures?

tonyc;
The stock Yamaha speedometer has a left hand thread for the odometer. To unscrew it, you need to turn it clockwise, similar to what you would do to tighten a normal right hand thread.

I wanted that speedo...mikes was out of stock..looks like it was your fault!..LMAO Oh well got the one with LEDS instead.

Can someone tell me what the speedometer ratio is for the XS650's? I am replacing my stock speedo with a mini that will go in a headlamp bucket.

2:1 is what I put on my bike and it reads about 5mph faster than you're actually going at highway speeds. Close enough in my book

Dont mean to thread jack- but Im sure others are wondering as well..

Do they make a speedo cable angle adapter??
Like a 90 or a 45 degree bend so the cable doesnt stick straight off the back of the gauge??

Back