maxi-x-pipe arrived today

ryan79

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
we,ll pipe came in and I am pleased so far. I through it up on bike with zip tie to see how it will look. its very light and I think posibly lighter than just one side of the old system.hoping to get a chance to hear it sunday. took some pics but can,t decide yet if I like it better or not.pics arn,t good but i,ll though them up. what do you guys think. ryan could only get two pics to load

Attachments

• Picture 936.jpg
    Picture 936.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Picture 954.jpg
    Picture 954.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 960.jpg
    Picture 960.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Picture 953.jpg
    Picture 953.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 318
I like it. I bet that b!tch is gunna be loud! Your bike is so clean I think having the pipes under the bike like that ifts the look of the bike better.

thanks guys, hope they sound good . the bike in the back is my flow over bike. all the parts I decided I did,nt like on this one lands on that one.I have accumulated enough stuff to build a nice cafe out of that one.or part it or chop it or pull it out in 5 years and have a project for me and my son.not sure. all work is done by me on bike.I was an auto body painter for 10 years then called it quits.kept most of my tools though. although I do have my tires mounted on rims at a shop. I,ve tried but just keep scratchen the rims. the blue is yamaha r6 color. figured I would keep it in the family. little risky cause im sure silver would have went nice. now time to paint the frame over.

o.k. the verdict is in. yesterday did a half ass mounting job and started up. I like it. good sound. im not disappointed at all. it sounds really good at idle. I did manage to go around the block a couple times to get a feel for the sound. it changes when you get on it and reminds me of my old honda 350x three wheeler. almost sounds like a single. good deep tone though. by the looks of it I thought for sure it would sound tinny. but not the case. idling sounds like a mustang with a hot cam. works for me. anys a real ride I will have better info on that. as for video I,ll give it a try. im computer challinged. and spelling too. I've got me a new mission on a front brake set up. think you guys will like it. I'll start another thread for that. it should be worth it.

Back